Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Closed Thread

Old 21st August 2015
wuffstuff

E-M1 System sale

Deleted due to jobsworth comments.

Last edited by wuffstuff; 22nd August 2015 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Too many jobsworths
Old 21st August 2015

Liked 311 Times in 149 Posts
Re: E-M1 System sale

Its surprising how many Pro Togs are moving into Mirrorless systems I already have all of the above otherwise I'd have snapped the system up especially as the prices are very reasonable.

Tom

Its not what you see, it's the way that you see it"

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofxstudios
Old 21st August 2015
wuffstuff

Re: E-M1 System saleson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnheatingman View Post
Is that " Pro Photographer " or " Pro Photographic Equipment Dealer " ?

John
Wow! what a nasty thought that is, John the heating person. How nice of you to suggest it.

I'm a photographer and not a dealer. Sometimes the gear works, sometimes it doesn't.
Old 21st August 2015

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Would you sell the 1.4x converter separately? If so, at what price? Also does the 75mm have the lens hood?

John
Old 21st August 2015

Liked 1,323 Times in 796 Posts

Everyone knows you need full frame to take photos of your cat to post online.

David M's Photoblog
Old 21st August 2015
wuffstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
Everyone knows you need full frame to take photos of your cat to post online.
I'm not sure what you mean.

This post seems to be a problem though I'm not sure why. I bought this gear here a few weeks ago. I'm not fully sorted with it and I'd like to offer it for sale.

If there is an issue please disregard my post and I'll sell elsewhere. I'll apologise for disturbing the peace and move on.
Old 22nd August 2015

Thanked 1,339 Times in 1,044 Posts
Liked 2,182 Times in 1,164 Posts

EDIT: I would love to have seen more & did check out his FB page that shows some interesting photos.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Old 22nd August 2015
wuffstuff

Well, that's that then. Undoubted proof that I am, in fact, a secret dealer. Buying equipment and selling it for less than I bought it. Of itself that doesn't look very profitable, or very dealery. Maybe I just like to try different bits of kit (criminal though that seems to be).

Of course, some of my many secret dealery posts were to give away a 50 Olympus voucher for free. A lot of traders give stuff away for free, don't they?

However, I accept your findings M'lud and I sentence myself to permanent excommunication.

It does seem a shame though as I have thoroughly enjoyed my Olympus experience, including my Olympus days out and posting on Facebooks Olympus UK Owners group.

I'm sorry my contribution here was less than expected, but there must be a jolly good reason for that.

I still hope that someone can benefit from my reasonably priced immaculate equipment even if it isn't on here.

M'lud - I would be grateful if you could please ask the mods or admins to remove this thread and delete this account forthwith.
Old 22nd August 2015

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I personally had no problems with this thread and my interest in the equipment still stands.

Thanks to the few who have more time on there hands nit picking threads and posts.
The Following User Liked This Post:
wuffstuff (22nd August 2015)
Old 22nd August 2015

Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,325 Posts
Liked 2,419 Times in 1,141 Posts

Having read this thread I'm not sure where it went astray really. It would be a shame if you were to bale out of the forum after this Wuffstuff. Whilst it does seem your interest here is more gear related I didn't get the impression you were specifically using the forum as a dealers outlet purely to make profits. So in my book your involvement is fine. Trading on the forum is accepted and I for one have bought more gear on here than ebay. Maybe for this gear as you bought it off the forum you could have posted the prices you paid to show that you were just looking to recoup your money as far as possible and not dealing for large profit as the others suspected. I think a lively but honest trading section on the forum is essential to it's longevity. Maybe that's controversial, if so we need to start another thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phill D For This Useful Post:
The Following User Liked This Post:
wuffstuff (22nd August 2015)
Old 22nd August 2015
wuffstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
Having read this thread I'm not sure where it went astray really. It would be a shame if you were to bale out of the forum after this Wuffstuff. Whilst it does seem your interest here is more gear related I didn't get the impression you were specifically using the forum as a new equipment. Trading on the forum is accepted and I for one have bought more gear on here than ebay. Maybe for this gear as you bought it off the forum you could have posted the prices you paid to show that you were just looking to recoup your money as far as possible and not dealing for large profit as the others suspected. I think a lively but honest trading section on the forum is essential to it's longevity. Maybe that's controversial, if so we need to start another thread.
You may recall that I asked to trade a Nikon D810 for my Olympus gear. I was informed on here that I was having a laugh. In fact, I did trade the Nikon here and that's where this equipment came from. So no money changed hands. I lost a fortune on the deal but so what. I then added to the kit with the 40-150.

I can't say this often enough, I'm not a dealer. I just like to try new equipment. I can't ever recall selling any piece of equipment at a profit. Let me give you a simple example:

I bought a 40-150 with the 1.4 TC about 2 months ago for 1450 from WEX. It is advertised here for 1000. I make that a 225 loss per month of ownership. Does that sound like a dealer?

I'm a professional photographer who makes his rather pathetic living selling fine art photographs. Feel free to check me out wherever you wish - my facebook page is here - https://www.facebook.com/Stephenmartynlee. Visit one of my free photo workshops on Exmoor. Every 2 weeks on Sunday mornings at 9am.
Old 22nd August 2015
wuffstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnheatingman View Post
This topic has already been discussed in great depth several times previously so probably no need for another long drawn out thread. The quote below from Ian Burley, Founder and Administrator of this forum should be sufficient.

Feb. 17th. 2014
Mr Heating Person - Your generosity of spirit overwhelms me.

Arrange with your admin to remove this post and then remove my wuffstuff account.

Thanks to the decent folks.

Enough now.
Old 22nd August 2015

Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,325 Posts
Liked 2,419 Times in 1,141 Posts

Wuffstuff I don't blame you for leaving but I still think it's a shame. I think you've proved your credentials particularly with that last post. On reflection I think I might just take a rest from here too. No more to say now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phill D For This Useful Post:
Old 22nd August 2015

Thanked 1,339 Times in 1,044 Posts
Liked 2,182 Times in 1,164 Posts

Wuffstuff, I'm sorry if I misjudged you & would have liked to have seen more of your photos here. There's some interesting photos on your FB page https://www.facebook.com/Stephenmartynlee

Thanks for sharing.

Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Old 22nd August 2015
wuffstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
Wuffstuff, I'm sorry if I misjudged you & would have liked to have seen more of your photos here. There's some interesting photos on your FB page https://www.facebook.com/Stephenmartynlee

Thanks for sharing.

No problem Ross. It's been a pleasure being here. Sad that I've outstayed my welcome.
Closed Thread