Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 15th July 2015

Liked 1,683 Times in 1,083 Posts
Re: Business Economics

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithL View Post
A while back I discovered giffgaff, which runs on O2. I've found that very good indeed.
I've been using giffgaff for a couple of years now and have found them great! 7.50 a month does more than I need. My partner pays 5 a month (because she has a 'granny 'phone' and doesn't need data).

Jim
Old 15th July 2015

Liked 2,397 Times in 1,579 Posts

If we're talking about business economics, what about Olympus UK's inability to supply the 9 ~ 18 MFT lens that I ordered two weeks ago?

PS: Going on holiday today so I have asked the retailer to forward it to where we're staying.

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
Old 15th July 2015

Liked 1,382 Times in 810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
I was never given any T&C's, and did not sign any.

However, I don't really care what the T&C's say. Vodafone cannot change English law, even if they managed to avoid paying UK tax under a previous administration.

A business cannot simply close a customers account without their knowledge and steal their money. That is theft in my view, whatever their T's & C's say.

I accept that there are some dormant accounts with a few pounds in which need to be recycled (having sent at least two text messages to the customer), but to close an active account, to take 70 without warning, to claim that they have no way of knowing what the credit was (which is tantamount to false accounting), and to refuse to refund the balance is downright criminal in my view.
Aren't they owned by one of the major banks....?

Anyway update on the DVR. The EX773: phone call this morning. Repaired. No charge above the basic inspection fee. The EX86: parts are now on order. How's that for service? Hughes would do well to take note, methinks. Hughes claimed there was nothing wrong with the EX86! That must be why it needs new parts, then.......

Incidentally, the young lady at Sands confirmed that DVRs definitely have their software/firmware updated automatically. The makers probably think they are part of Microsoft....
Old 15th July 2015
Administrator

Liked 1,602 Times in 925 Posts

I got a call from EE today:

The nice young lady (that's what it sounded like) wanted to reward me.

They noticed that I had been with them for a very long time and was still on a very old "PAYG" scheme. They were sure their new 10/month scheme would be better value for me...

As I use it very rarely, it costs me less than 40/year (if that)

Virtually everywhere I go I can get free WiFi and "WhatsApp", FaceTime, etc...

If everyone used these things as I do the industry would collapse.

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...