Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 6th November 2013

Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
Re: Message from Olympus UK re E-M1 supply issues

LCE have split a 12-40 kit and I should be getting the em1 on Friday. At least I have the Viltrox MMF clone until I get my MMF3. Roll on the weekend!

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
Old 6th November 2013

Liked 57 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvendetta View Post
LCE have split a 12-40 kit and I should be getting the em1 on Friday. At least I have the Viltrox MMF clone until I get my MMF3. Roll on the weekend!
Bugger, I'm off to Singapore on Sunday and I'm still waiting for my EM-1 12-40 kit from Clifton Cameras
Old 7th November 2013

Liked 27 Times in 3 Posts

Got my dispatch notice from the Olympus shop last night, so looks like body only and grip will be here soon.

Ordered on 13th September but managed to get the "introductory price".
Old 9th November 2013

Liked 959 Times in 371 Posts

Not fair! Some have got their kit and my shop, Camera Words Chelmsford have only had one in, someone else got it before me. Poo!!
Old 12th November 2013

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Greetings to One and All,

Reading some of the stories here, I feel a bit guilty! I registered with Olympus in September and got my loyalty voucher code after I saw a demo EM-1 at LCE in the Strand. I tried to buy one online but failed, and gave up (bank refused to allow transaction….). On 4 Nov I dropped into LCE Strand who only had the demo 12-50 kit which they split quite happily so I could get the body only, and I got a s/h 45/1.8 mFT from LCE in Derby (sent to Strand with no delivery charge). The staff at both branches of LCE were very helpful, as usual from my experience of them.

I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far, and can't wait for LR to ship the 5.3 update so we can see just what the E-M1 is capable of. I sent the voucher and receipt by registered delivery to Germany, so I know they got it on 9 Nov, and I'm now on tenterhooks as I can't wait to get the MMF3 and HLD-7 and see how much better my FT SHG glass will look with the E-M1's chip over the E-5's chip……. looks as though it could be some time so I'm glad I got the 45 mFT in the meantime otherwise I'd have a handsome paperweight!

Hope those waiting get their's soon…

Henry
The Following User Liked This Post:
Ian (12th November 2013)
Old 12th November 2013

Liked 71 Times in 37 Posts

For those who wait . . . eventually arrives Santa's early trial delivery run! After receiving an email from Olympus store on Friday to say that the kit had been dispatched, today brought 'the man from del DHL'. No tracking available but at least the timescale was quick.
Wow, its a solid little beast, the grip certainly helps my big fisted hands, and all seems good. A wander around the town, park and inside the abbey proved a good test, passed with flying colours, while attaching the Sigma 70-200mm EXII APO lens while daunting was an exciting harbinger of what is to come. What a beauty, I think that at last I'm looking forward to making the most of the midget wonder!
I hope all others waiting delivery will also by now have received or will receive theirs very soon.

Regards
Chris
The Following User Liked This Post:
Ian (12th November 2013)
Old 12th November 2013

Liked 119 Times in 55 Posts

Me too. Phew!
Old 12th November 2013

Liked 190 Times in 126 Posts

I Popped into my local dealers this evening on my way to fetch the car after getting the brakes fettled.
When I phoned last week, I thought I was 4th on the list with my delivery expected by mid November.

The story now is that there are four in front of me, and Olympus are hoping to have all pre-orders fulfilled by the end of November.
The dealer is hoping to get two more cameras in this/next week, so I've no idea if that's promising or not.

Certainly takes me past the end of the time limit for registering my camera to get the free grip and MMF-3.
Hopefully the comments Mark made on this board some time ago will come to fruition.
I'm actually in no wild rush to get the camera as I'm very busy at the moment, but wouldn't want to miss out on the offers, which was why I pre-ordered in the first place, rather than waiting for the price to stabilise a bit in a few months time.
The other issue is that I want to return my E-M5 under warranty for a couple of problems, but would like to make sure I have a M4/3 camera available for an upcoming holiday.

Not attributing any blame to the dealer, it's purely a supply issue, which I'm sure they are quite brassed off about themselves.

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
Old 12th November 2013

I got mine today, copied my receipt and put it in envelope to send to Germany for the battery holder and adapter. Then though, 'Can this info be emailed to Olympus?"

Anyone done that?
Old 12th November 2013

Liked 733 Times in 490 Posts

I asked when mine arrived at LCE, they asked their Oly rep and got the answer no - it had to go through the post to Germany. But there's no harm in you asking your supplier to talk to their Oly rep.

John
Old 12th November 2013

Thanks John. I will post it. By the time the shop have asked the rep, then got back to me it will probably be too late.
Old 13th November 2013

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Dave,

As I understand it, if you're going for the Olympus Loyalty Offer (i.e. the HLD7 and MMF3) so long as you registered on-line, you now have until the end of Nov to buy and until 18 Dec to get the receipt and claim form to Olympus in Germany - its in the offer T&C online:
http://special.olympus.eu/s/upgrade-omd/terms

Henry
Old 13th November 2013
Administrator

Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,279 Posts
Liked 1,755 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peak4 View Post
I Popped into my local dealers this evening on my way to fetch the car after getting the brakes fettled.
When I phoned last week, I thought I was 4th on the list with my delivery expected by mid November.

The story now is that there are four in front of me, and Olympus are hoping to have all pre-orders fulfilled by the end of November.
The dealer is hoping to get two more cameras in this/next week, so I've no idea if that's promising or not.

Certainly takes me past the end of the time limit for registering my camera to get the free grip and MMF-3.
Hopefully the comments Mark made on this board some time ago will come to fruition.
I'm actually in no wild rush to get the camera as I'm very busy at the moment, but wouldn't want to miss out on the offers, which was why I pre-ordered in the first place, rather than waiting for the price to stabilise a bit in a few months time.
The other issue is that I want to return my E-M5 under warranty for a couple of problems, but would like to make sure I have a M4/3 camera available for an upcoming holiday.

Not attributing any blame to the dealer, it's purely a supply issue, which I'm sure they are quite brassed off about themselves.
I am absolutely sure that you won't lose out. Mark Thackara has said as much to me regarding issues like these. We will sort things out where necessary!

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian For This Useful Post:
peak4 (13th November 2013)
Old 13th November 2013

Liked 331 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
I got mine today, copied my receipt and put it in envelope to send to Germany for the battery holder and adapter. Then though, 'Can this info be emailed to Olympus?"

Anyone done that?
I emailed mine to Oly support and got a returned email and told to post it as per the instructions on the offer.

"Please be advised as per the terms and conditions of this promotion, you need to send these documents to the following address for your claim to be processed:

Marktdienste Haberbeck GmbH

“Olympus HLD-7 Battery Grip”

Industriestrasse 17

DE-32791 Lage

Germany

Kind regards

Mark Shayler
European Customer Support Centre
"

So you did right by posting it Dave.

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1
Old 13th November 2013

Liked 190 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I am absolutely sure that you won't lose out. Mark Thackara has said as much to me regarding issues like these. We will sort things out where necessary!

Ian
Thanks Ian, subsequent to my comments on this thread I found the one that Mark originally commented on.
He was kind enough to reply again on the other one, providing assurances to everyone who may be affected.

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!