Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 14th September 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
T-Mobile - laugh or cry?

...so after the courier delivered the replacement Sony Experia U for my son, as the first one had broken after 4 days, he discovered it had no battery and he'd just handed over the faulty one WITH a battery as nobody at T-Mobile had told him to remove the battery, only the SIM card.

After many, many, phone calls to The Phillipines I eventually spoke to a UK based manager at T-Mobile today.

He said it would take up to 30 days to get a replacement battery sent, so he thought it better that I buy one off ebay (he was browsing ebay as I spoke with him) and T-Mobile would credit the account with the cost. Can you believe that?
Yes... of course you can - it's a mobile phone company!

Anyway, I suggested he replace the handset again, which he agreed to, so it's coming Monday (allegedly).

What fun!

Meanwhile, son number two, off to Uni tomorrow, ordered a Sony Experia S from Tesco. This arrived with a standard SIM whereas the phone takes a micro SIM.
So, Tesco delivered a micro SIM by courier today and... it doesn't work.

Oh... and Dennis in Manilla spent 18 minutes the other day NOT understanding my enquiry (nor the English language) relating to my TalkTalk broadband issue.

That's all of my 'things always go wrong in threes' for this week.

Hooray!

--------------------------
Old 14th September 2012
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts
Re: T-Mobile - laugh or cry?

A few years back I had a similar experience with Vodafone. The battery wasn't holding its charge, so Customer Diservice told me to send the phone with battery back to them. They quickly diagnosed the problem and returned the phone - without battery but with the report that the battery was faulty! They told me to get a battery online and send them the receipt, as Vodaphone don't supply batteries.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site