Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Looking for improvement

Looking for improvement This is the e-group critique board. If you post a picture here it will be assumed that you are looking for comprehensive technical feedback - both good and bad, but always respectful. Only post pictures here if you can deal with potentially negative constructive criticism. Anyone is qualified to comment and post feedback, and everyone is encouraged to do so. NB: "Looking for Improvement" is the place to post any pictures you would like advice on improving, no matter how bad you might think they are.

Old 18th August 2009

Liked 63 Times in 31 Posts
Gas Street Basin Birmingham

Inspired by Paul's pics of the canals in Birmingham on Four Thirds site, I visited and took lots of pics. Those who know Birmingham will realise that the third one is in Centenary Square. The canal pics have been converted, they seemed to cry out to be in mono.
I have many others, some showing the vibrant colours of the boats - I will post some of those when I have looked at them properly.

Turning

Memories of the Past

Made in Birmingham

Old 18th August 2009

Liked 50 Times in 27 Posts
Re: Gas Street Basin Birmingham

Very nice photos Shirley ..... you folk who live in the UK don't know what wonderful material you have to work with photographically. I who visit on a regular basis do not drive so I don't get into spots like these unless a friend takes me. Keep up the good work Shirley and everyone else. I do enjoy this forum!
Old 19th August 2009
DannyH

Nice images Shirley. I like the first one expecially, to bad that their is a generator in view on such a nice lookng old boat. I think your going to B&W works, as does the soft look of the second shot (it looks a little like the old canal post cards I've seen)
Old 19th August 2009

Liked 63 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gordon View Post
Very nice photos Shirley ..... you folk who live in the UK don't know what wonderful material you have to work with photographically. I who visit on a regular basis do not drive so I don't get into spots like these unless a friend takes me. Keep up the good work Shirley and everyone else. I do enjoy this forum!
Thanks Bill,
I think its true for all of us that we often miss what is underneath our noses. I was bought up in the outskirts of Birmingham and my parents still live there, but I haven't been to Birmingham centre for 20+ years and I dont think I have ever been to the canals themselves! It was only when I saw Pauls photographs that it inspired me to visit.
Thank you Danny, yes the postcard style was what I was aiming for, I am glad you feel it works.
Shirley
Old 19th August 2009
EH1

Smile Re: Gas Street Basin Birmingham

Very nice set of pictures Shirley!
Old 19th August 2009

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Shirley,

I like #2 particularly for the soft focus. Very good

Regards

Graydon
Old 20th August 2009

Liked 875 Times in 355 Posts

A nice set of pics and well worth the visit Shirley. It's easy to overlook whats right under our noses and I'm glad you enjoyed it .

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/