Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 14th March 2015

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
My Tiny Village in Decay

. Other side of the river
Old 14th March 2015

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
My Tiny Village in Decay

another perspective. The French settled along the rivers. The old houses are French architect. I believe.
Old 14th March 2015

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Re: My Tiny Village in Decay

fresh snow
Old 15th March 2015
Administrator

Thanked 3,166 Times in 2,474 Posts
Liked 4,480 Times in 2,127 Posts

Hi Luckychucky, your village seems to be dominated by the tower block in the distance, which makes an interesting juxtaposition - old meets new. You seem to have a lot of snow, where is your village?

"Picture of the Day" is an area of the forum that isn't really used at present, so I've moved this thread to Foto Fare, where you should get more views. Thanks for posting.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 15th March 2015

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
My Tiny Village in Decay

These were iPhone pics too. I have to remember this is an Oly Forum.. All my Oly pics I'll have to FTP them. Thanks for moving photos small town SE Missouri. USA.
Old 15th March 2015
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychucky View Post
These were iPhone pics too. I have to remember this is an Oly Forum.. All my Oly pics I'll have to FTP them. Thanks for moving photos small town SE Missouri. USA.
No worries, it takes a while to get used to the forum.

Are they recent pictures? I'm wondering if you still have snow? There's still time for us to have some in the UK this winter, but at the moment it's very mild and spring-like, at least in the south-east where I live.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 15th March 2015

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

We had snow all last week, this week it's rain! Yard is a swamp, the river went from pretty green to mud brown. Looking forward to spring. Took lots of pics with the E420, just a pain to post. The SE where you live, is that Surrey? I think I'm related to William the Conqueror, per FTDNA, and triangulation. LOL, I want my castles back! 😃. Hope you stay mild and spring like, unless snow is your desire? Will post flood pics as soon as I FTP Oly pics.
Old 15th March 2015
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychucky View Post
We had snow all last week, this week it's rain! Yard is a swamp, the river went from pretty green to mud brown. Looking forward to spring. Took lots of pics with the E420, just a pain to post. The SE where you live, is that Surrey? I think I'm related to William the Conqueror, per FTDNA, and triangulation. LOL, I want my castles back! ��. Hope you stay mild and spring like, unless snow is your desire? Will post flood pics as soon as I FTP Oly pics.
I live in Essex, just north of London and pretty close to Stansted Airport. I do like snow, but the problem is that everything here grinds to a halt with even just a little.

This Norman castle is about 15 miles from where I live, if you are related to William it could be one of yours!

Old 15th March 2015

Thanked 1,423 Times in 1,313 Posts
Liked 2,351 Times in 1,121 Posts

Blimey we have royalty on the forum Welcome sire! I look forward to your royal images.
Old 15th March 2015

Liked 1,919 Times in 1,143 Posts

I'm already on my knees, your majesty (actually, there's a reason for that, I'm decorating )

on flickr
Old 15th March 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
I live in Essex, just north of London and pretty close to Stansted Airport. I do like snow, but the problem is that everything here grinds to a halt with even just a little.

This Norman castle is about 15 miles from where I live, if you are related to William it could be one of yours!

Hedingham Castle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That 'castle' john, looks more like something off 'grand designs', presented by Kevin McCloud

on flickr
Old 15th March 2015

Thanked 1,122 Times in 703 Posts
Liked 1,465 Times in 732 Posts

Welcome sire, to the forum. Look forward to seeing more and hearing more from you in the future.

It would seem you have the same planning situations we greatly suffer from - blights on the landscape.

Alas, as one of the lowly folks, my only claim to being 'famous' begins with in. Many, many, years ago, when sails and fair winds were the only means of propulsion, one of my ancestors managed to get free passage in 1787 on the good ship Friendship for a seven year holiday in New South Wales, Australia.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Old 15th March 2015

Actually, my great, great, great uncle (actually I'm not sure of the number of iterations) had claim to the land beneath New York. As a descendent, I want the ground rent owed, otherwise I'll claim the lot, buildings and all. I hereby serve 28 days notice by receipt of any American reading this text (who I'm sure will pass it straight on to Barack Obama, I guess they know the address, somewhere in Washington, I believe ).

on flickr
Old 15th March 2015

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
My Tiny Village in Decay

As you all can see by my landscape I think I loss any royalty status somewhere around the Mayflower times. I'm sure you all get way more royalties than I, so up off your knees! . Thanks for the welcomes and I'll forward your request to Pennsylvania Ave..
Old 15th March 2015

Liked 1,382 Times in 810 Posts

That tower block could just as easily be in Slough, couldn't it? What a uniform world it's getting to be!

Here, we have Norwich Castle: http://www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk/Vi...stle/index.htm and http://www.artfund.org/what-to-see/m...nd+Art+Gallery

and Castle Acre: https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/...d-bailey-gate/

Both built by supporters of William the Conqueror. The natives here are still smarting over this foreigner coming and grabbing their land.....