Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 22nd June 2010

Thanked 1,326 Times in 1,033 Posts
Liked 2,135 Times in 1,141 Posts
Re: It's Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Clarke View Post
It's back after 18 days and looks very clean.
The only difference seems to be the finger indent is more tactile than the original. Not a bad thing. On the down side the settings are back to factory default, only to be expected I suppose.

Technical Repair form states "Product Adjusted, Verified, Cleaned, +6 months of warranty" does that mean warranty on repair or an additional 6 months on everything? Can I also assume it has been serviced as I believe it is supposed to be after two years.

Thanks for all the encouraging responses to my original post, I took some solace in knowing I wasn't the only one.

Roy C
Did I detect a sigh of relief on its return?

Good to hear you've got it back.

Ross
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Old 22nd June 2010

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re: E3 LCD fell apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peak4 View Post
The problem seems to occur with those who are the most fastidious, always turning the screen over when not in use.
I concur with that one. Having been a considerate flipper for storage/use, mine fell apart a few weeks back.

I must check out Luton cameras, though. Being 15 months out of warranty, my LCD is sellotaped together - I use the "Diamond Clear" tape which allows the LCD to show through well.

Nick
Old 22nd June 2010

Liked 47 Times in 30 Posts
Re: E3 LCD fell apart!

QUOTE]I leave the screen permanantly displayed. I also have a screen protector fitted.[/QUOTE]

I'm with Wreckdiver which is probably why its still OK, although I do use it more often when on the tripod.
I also have a tendency to try to turn it the wrong way but I don't try too hard.

Duncan