Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 5th January 2016

Liked 126 Times in 80 Posts
New Year Weight Loss?

hought you might enjoy this:

Weight Loss Program
A guy calls a company and orders their 5-day, 5lbs weight loss program.
The next day, there's a knock on the door and there stands before him a voluptuous, athletic, 19 year old babe dressed in nothing but a pair of Nike running shoes and a sign around her neck..
She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company. The sign reads, "If you can catch me, you can have me."
Without a second thought, he takes off after her. A few miles later puffing and puffing, he finally gives up. The same girl shows up for the next four days and the same thing happens. On the fifth day, he weighs himself and is delighted to find he has lost 5lbs as promised.
He calls the company and orders their 5-day/10lbs program. The next day there's a knock at the door and there stands the most stunning, beautiful, sexy woman he has ever seen in his life. She is wearing nothing but Reebok running shoes and a sign around her neck that reads, "If you catch me you can have me".
Well, he's out the door after her like a shot. This girl is in excellent shape and he does his best, but no such luck. So for the next four days, the same routine happens with him gradually getting in better and better shape.
Much to his delight on the fifth day when he weighs himself, he discovers that he has lost another 10lbs as promised. He decides to go for broke and calls the company to order the 7-day/25 lbs program.
"Are you sure?" asks the representative on the phone. "This is our most rigorous program." "Absolutely," he replies, "I haven't felt this good in years."
The next day there's a knock at the door; and when he opens it he finds a huge muscular guy standing there wearing nothing but pink running shoes and a sign around his neck that reads, "If I catch you, you are mine."
He lost 33 lbs that week..
The Following User Says Thank You to Miketoll For This Useful Post:
Imageryone (5th January 2016)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
DavyG (9th January 2016), Floribunda (12th January 2016), Graham_of_Rainham (9th January 2016), IainMacD (9th January 2016), Kiwi Paul (10th January 2016), OM USer (6th January 2016), ringneck (10th January 2016), Wee man (9th January 2016)
Old 9th January 2016

Liked 564 Times in 336 Posts
Re: New Year Weight Loss?

Thought it was going to say you were changing from 4/3rds tt m4/3rds
Old 9th January 2016

Liked 180 Times in 120 Posts

The only thing lighter in my case, is my wallet.

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
Old 9th January 2016

Liked 1,471 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peak4 View Post
The only thing lighter in my case, is my wallet.
Me too, I've just bought my wife her own Oly 60mm macro lens.

Dave
Old 9th January 2016

Liked 126 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyG View Post
Me too, I've just bought my wife her own Oly 60mm macro lens.

Dave
I have thought of buying my wife a nice lens but as she has neither a camera (apart from the one on her phone) and no interest in photography I thought that might be pushing it if I want to live into a long and happy old age!
The Following Users Liked This Post:
DavyG (9th January 2016), IainMacD (9th January 2016), Naughty Nigel (9th January 2016), Wee man (9th January 2016)
Old 9th January 2016

Liked 1,471 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketoll View Post
I have thought of buying my wife a nice lens but as she has neither a camera (apart from the one on her phone) and no interest in photography I thought that might be pushing it if I want to live into a long and happy old age!
My wife has an E-M10 and plans to inherit my E-M1 when the E-M1 Mk2 makes an appearance.

It can be a tad expensive when we both want lenses however, she has agreed that the 300mm looks good but that it may be a bit too large for her to use, I think she plans to inherit the 40-150 Pro!

Dave