Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 26th July 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Todays visitors

I managed to get out this morning to try and capture early morning visitors in our garden. The combination of the 50-200mm SWD and the EC-14 continues to impress me.

I have not had a visit from a nuthatch for some time so I thought I ought to share a couple of pictures.

Oh yes of course I could not let a post go past without a greater spotted woodpecker. This babe clearly enjoyed his meal, licking his beak in appreaciation of his nut and fat breakfast.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Cheers

Chris
Old 26th July 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Todays visitors

Wehey, smashing shots there Chris, really good. You must have a wonderful setup re garden feeders for you to get that close to the birds. Great shots indeed, did you use a flash by the way...? How far are you away from the feeder...

Last question... can I come around with my hide...

Old 26th July 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear John,

You would be welcome anytime, no need to bring your hide as I have constructed one you can use. I do not use flash, but it is interesting that you mention it because I had been thinking about giving it a try. I have just bought a FL-50R so it would be even easier to use.

I normally get to approx 3-4m from the birds which means ewith the 50-200mm attached to the EC-14 I am normally using it set to between 150-175mm ( eq 210-245mm ).

As far as my feeders go I am too mean to buy many so I go into the local wood and pickup fallen branches and then drill holes into them and fill them with the nut and fat mix.

I can't promise anything but I would hope my dear wife would get breakfast sorted out for you!

Cheers

Chris
Old 26th July 2008

You have some wonderful shots there Chris, I mean they are really wonderful - publishable if I am honest. It took me a few hours to get half decent Nuthatch shots, and I am yet to capture a good Woody one!

I do agree with you, the 50-200mm lens is awesome and produces pin sharp images. You certainly have mastered this lens when coupled with the EC-14.

Keep posting those images Chris, I luv 'em.

Oh... and if I am ever in your neck of the woods, I will be sure to turn up on your doorstep - especially if your good wife has offered brekky...

Old 26th July 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear John,

Seeing as you asked so nicely.

If the good lady does go on strike, there will always be a nice fat and nut mix in the fridge!!

Thanks for your kind words

Chris
Old 26th July 2008

Once again Chris - a wonderful image of a Blue Tit, fabulously sharp with the 50-200mm lens.

Oh, and the fat and nut mix sounds scrumptious