Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 3rd October 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Olympus MAL-1 Macro Arm Light

Hello all, I know its a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a Olympus MAL-1 Macro Arm Light they are not using before I order one from Amazon, thanks
Steve.
Old 3rd October 2012
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts
Re: Olympus MAL-1 Macro Arm Light

I've just ordered a JJC one from Ebay. Looks a little more versatile and is cheaper.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 5th October 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi Stephen,
I did check out the JJC version, thought they may be a bit to long at 23cm compared to 17cm for the MAL-1, plus no batteries to worry about, but I agree with you they do seem good value, thanks
Steve
Old 6th October 2012

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Hi Steve, I recently bought the MAL-1 but haven't had much play time with it yet.
One thing i have noticed is it's a bit short for use with the 40-150 at 150mm with a raynox macro conversion lens on front.
Probably not a problem with the new 60mm, don't know what you're planning on using it with.
There are a couple of led ring lights on amazon that look to be more useful but are larger. Now I've got the VF-2 I'll probably look into these as the MAL won't fit with the VF-2!
I bought the EPM-1 for it's compact size but i'm ending up with more accessories than I had for the E510 and need a bigger bag
Old 7th October 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi Paul, I will be using it with the 12-50 kit lens that came with the OMD, the macro setting on this lens is really quite good, hoping Santa will provide the new 60mm, I know exactly what you mean about "more accessories" one reason why I'm trying to keep things small and with less batteries, thanks for the info.
Steve.
Old 10th October 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Received MAL-1 yesterday from Amazon, very pleased great bit of kit and perfect with 12-50, now does anyone know of a case/sock that it will go in aprox 17cm x 3cm x 3cm as has become the norm with Olympus nothing supplied
Steve.