Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-510

Olympus E-510 E-510 specific discussion.

Old 30th July 2012

Liked 3,078 Times in 881 Posts
Gave my old E-510 an airing

I had to attend a one-year old's birthday party yesterday and was expected to take some family photos. I decided to leave my E-30 and 50-200 SWD at home in case they ended up with too much jelly and sticky finger marks on them. I haven't used the E-510 for about a year and a few things about it really struck me.

1. With the 40-150 lens on it is so light, compared to my usual kit. No wonder my shoulder often aches on a Monday.

2. The viewfinder is tiny. I was having real problems trying to read the info as I shot and had to keep changing my eye position to see it.

3. I really missed the second control wheel. It seemed a lot more fiddly to change the Exposure Compensation than on the E-30.

4. The shutter on the E-510 is MUCH quieter. My E-30 makes a really loud 'clack' when I take a shot and the difference amazed me.

5. The IQ of the E-510 and 40-150 is still extremely good and the combination was perfect for unobtrusive party snapshots.

It is good to know that is still a role for my old faithful.

Ron
Old 30th July 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Gave my old E-510 an airing

Ditto - the E510 feels so much lighter than the E30

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.