Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > Flash

Flash FL-related discussions can be found here.

Old 6th March 2008
scanny

Reflector advice?

Hi all

Im looking for advice on buying reflector discs. Ive had no previous experience with them or indeed lighting effects. Ive had a look on fleabay and theyre are a lot of 110cm ones around about a 10 mark, can i go wrong?
Thanks in advance

Steve
Old 6th March 2008
emirpprime

Re: Reflector advice?

You can't really go wrong. What do you want it for? 1m is a fairly versatile size. Personally I like white:silver, but gold can also be useful to add a little warmth to portraits - especially in sunlight.
If you're not sure you'll use one, try just using some tinfoil on card, or white card etc as it does the same thing (but is harder to handle) to get the hang. They really are very useful though, eg: sit someone in a window lit from the side and bounce light back into the shadow with the reflector.

All the best,
Phil