Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 1st October 2010
outremer

Olympus e1 + zuiko 14-54 2.8- 3.5

Hello!

I am selling

- Olympus E1 with just 2000 shots taken (as new) in perfect condition.(180 pounds)

- Original Battery grip with its battery and charger (60 pounds)

- Zuiko 14-54 I 2.8-3.5 in perfect condition (280 pounds)

all together for 500 pounds.

If you are interested I can send pictures.
Also if you're livinig near Edinburgh you can have a look at the items and try them.

Bye!
Old 1st October 2010
Radar

Re: Olympus e1 + zuiko 14-54 2.8- 3.5

Seemes to be an inflation in people posting in "For sale" in their first post.
Old 1st October 2010

Liked 134 Times in 50 Posts

I'm always up for a bargain, but to be honest, I wouldn't look twice at a poster where their first post on the forum is a "For Sale".

No offence meant to the OP, but it's not for me. I may be missing a bargain here, but I wouldn't buy from someone who's credentials are unknown...

Still, if he wants a sale for Oly gear, where better to post it than a dedicated Oly site? This isn't the first time it's been tried and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Janet

Old 1st October 2010

Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts

Joining just to sell and then disappearing into the ether!
Although I may be wrong................

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
Old 1st October 2010
Radar

BTW: Was bidding on a 14-54 I on ebay that went for 230 the other day.
Old 1st October 2010

Liked 325 Times in 134 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Melaka

I saw a 14-54 going at under 190 recently.

EM1i, EM1ii, EM10ii
Old 1st October 2010
Radar

I didn't feel upset. It's in everyones right to register and put things up for sale as there's a "for sale" section in the forum. And, yes, where else is a better place to sell Olympus equipment.

The only reason I took it up was because, for me, buying equipment from strangers without a rating (like ebay and Amazon) and without knowing anything about them is a little dodgy. If he was registered on fourthirds-user or any other Olympus/FT-site, that would make it easier to gain trust. Also as a tip to the seller on how to sell stuff on this forum.

I personally wouldn't buy from a single post like this but I know people have done it on this forum with good luck so it's up to everyone to make the decision self if they trust the seller.
Old 1st October 2010
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have no problem with people selling equipment on this or other sites, however this seems to be getting more frequent for 1st time posters, who then never come back and post.

outremer has also registered on the fourthirds-user sister site to sell the equipment as well.

So outremer, are you here to contribute or just to sell your equipment?
Old 1st October 2010
outremer

Sorry guys I didn't mean to create problems here!
I'll be honest, I didn't know any uk four-thirds forums as I still read some and write in some Italian photography forums.I looked up for them on google today because I wanted to sell these items as I am not using them.
About ebay, well I always prefered to buy things on dedicated forum as I consider them safer. That's why I decided to post here now that I'd like to sell some Olympus things.
Anyway if this is a problem just tell me. I think I'd like to stick around though, it seems a well structured forum.
Old 1st October 2010
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

People who contribute are always welcome.
Old 2nd October 2010
Administrator

Thanked 3,164 Times in 2,472 Posts
Liked 4,472 Times in 2,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnheatingman View Post
Hi, I may be totally out of order here as I am also a very new member although I have made a few posts to date.

These new members who advertise items for sale on their first post do so for one simple reason ... because they can. As Janet stated, where better to do so than a dedicated Olympus site ? I can fully appreciate the feelings of established members on this issue and to some extent agree with their sentiments and would also be just as wary. However, instead of berating the seller who may just possibly evolve into a worthwhile member, if members feel so strongly about the issue, why not change the forum rules in some way to prevent such posts from occuring in future. Would it not be a simple matter to stipulate a minimum number of posts, or a minimum length of membership before such sales posts were allowed?

I apologise in advance if i've upset anyone with this response but to be honest, I have felt a little sorry for the new members who have tried to sell what are possibly genuine items and received a negative reaction for doing so.

John
Bang on the nail, John. We cannot really object to anyone who is acting within the rules of the forum. Of course, it would be prudent to exercise a little more caution with a new member than a long standing one, but even with a "known" regular there is no guarantee and it all comes down to trust.

I know of one case (mentioning no names) where one very well established member sold an item to another, posting immediately in good faith. The recipient promptly disappeared, never to appear on the forum again. I could not believe it when I heard that on the face of it he had done a runner. Of course, there may well be another explanation, such as the poor guy suffering some kind of misfortune. Luckily the amount involved was relatively small, which makes it all the more puzzling.

Regarding this case, the OP has offered personal inspection and collection which bodes well. Hopefully he won't be detered by a less than enthusiastic welcome and stick around to see what we really have to offer.

I think over the coming months we will see a big increase in the amount of gear for sale as more people become disaffected by Olympus's seeming lack of committment. Personally, I am convinced that many of the fears are ungrounded but I know that many do suffer real concerns.

I'd just like to say "HI" to Outremer, how about telling us a bit about yourself and your photography - it's always nice to become aquainted with new members.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 2nd October 2010

Liked 1,632 Times in 1,044 Posts

I don't see a problem with people coming onto this site just in order to sell their Olympus equipment.

It's nice to get the first offer, especially if it's reasonably priced. Having sold their Olympus equipment and probably bought another make, you wouldn't expect them to stay.

Jim
Old 2nd October 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnheatingman View Post
Exactly Jim. It's refreshing to see a Senior Member who feels as I do. If Forum Members don't want newbies offering items for sale they need to alter the rules but... this should only be done after obtaining a general concensus of opinion from the membership. As a new member, the first place I look on logging in is the sales ads and frankly I don't care if the post is a one off from a new member. Surely it's up to the interested purchaser to make his / her own enquires as to the seller's genuineness and motives as it is in any other Internet sales transaction.
John,
I think members who've been here a while have established a degree of trust in each other - that's part of the reason for the forum in the first place. I also agree that buyers(who are adults after all) need to exercise awareness in their transactions. There is another for sale thread going on at present where 2 buyers (a long term member and someone recently joined the forum) appear to have issues with the way the seller is doing business. This may be due to an misunderstanding on the part of the seller of the way the forum has worked up till now - but it is the first time in a year and a half of membership I've noticed this. I would hope that the recent member (the buyer one) would not be put off the forum by what's happened. I would also hope that these instances do not become more common but I've no idea how to ensure that they don't other than drawing up a set of loose guidelines for sellers to follow.
Old 2nd October 2010

Liked 325 Times in 134 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Melaka

I've bought from and sold to a number of established forum members and on each occasion the transaction has been problem free. If you buy or sell on eBay you have the comfort of knowing the transaction is within the rules of eBay and you have some redress if it goes wrong. There is no such comfort zone on this forum. However you soon form an opinion of fellow members based on the nature of their posts and any transaction has to be based on trust. It is difficult to build up a good reputation on just one post! There are only limited circumstances, such as cash on collection, in which I would deal with someone who was not an established member.

EM1i, EM1ii, EM10ii