Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > General photography discussion

General photography discussion Please look for a specific board to start your thread but if you can't find an appropriate one, post it here.

Old 15th October 2017

Liked 3,246 Times in 1,751 Posts
Re: Ended AP

I was a subscriber until a couple of years ago. Cancelling was long overdue.

Yes, the content was recycled at about the same rate as BBC TV programmes. Also, there was too much about photo-journalists.

What irritatesd me most was the test articles, in which the images from various settings of cameras, or with various lenses or filters, were supposed to be clearly illustrated by the sample images. To me, those images all looked much the same.

Harold
Old 15th October 2017

Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts

Like many others I have not bought a copy of AP for years. I suppose they suffer like most printed magazines from online competition. I have found that all the Photo magazines are becoming repetitive and going over the same topics ad nauseam. Being a weekly magazine AP should have the advantage of being topical but must have a problem in finding fresh material evey week.

Forums like this one now provide a ready source of information and help from fellow members. If I want to read reviews of equipment it is easy and cost free to compare different reviewers opinions on line. It is easy to be nostalgic about magazines that we enjoyed in our youth but it may be that their day has passed.
KeithL (16th October 2017)
The Following User Liked This Post:
KeithL (16th October 2017)
Old 16th October 2017

Liked 142 Times in 89 Posts

About 4 years ago I was at an Oly event co-sponsored by Practical Photography. In a conversation with the editor he said that I was not his market. It was (is?) the new photographer and he expected them to subscribe for about four years. So they tend to work on a cycle in terms of repeating content. At least they know their market. I subscribe to Lens Work digitally, would like the print version but postage doubles the cost. Also Black and White Photography. Both photographic content, not puffing up the latest product.
(My Travels in Aus & NZ)
The Following User Says Thank You to maccabeej For This Useful Post:
KeithL (17th October 2017)