Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 14th July 2017

Liked 482 Times in 229 Posts
Re: Export GPS log file from OIS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyver View Post
When OiS makes a connection with your camera it syncs the camera clock with the time on the device running the OiS app.
Sure I understand that, what isn't clear is how often that synch needs to take place. I don't want to faff about connecting the camera in every location in a day long trip.

I ran a test yesterday - synched the camera and started the logging running, drove to another place and took some pictures. When I got back I reconnected the app and camera and the location detail was synched across automatically.

If it's easy to use it could be really handy - just trying not to relearn what others have already discovered.
Old 14th July 2017

Liked 468 Times in 207 Posts
Re: Export GPS log file from OIS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMc View Post
Sure I understand that, what isn't clear is how often that synch needs to take place. I don't want to faff about connecting the camera in every location in a day long trip.
In my experience using a variety of Olympus DSLR & OM-D cameras the built-in clock maintains accuracy to better than 1minute/quarter year (i.e. Approx 1~2seconds/day). So I don't think you need to worry about positional accuracy during the course of a few days.
Hope this helps.