Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Announcements > Articles from FourThirds-User.com

Articles from FourThirds-User.com News and features from a sibling to the e-group, Four Thirds User.

Old 30th June 2011
Four Thirds User

Arrow Olympus announces two more compact M.ZUIKO DIGITAL lenses

Four Thirds User (Fourthirds-user.com) is a sibling site to the e-group.

New fast-aperture lenses match premium PEN styling First-rate optics deliver beautiful wide angles & portraits

More...
Old 30th June 2011
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts
Re: Olympus announces two more compact M.ZUIKO DIGITAL lenses

That 12mm lens looks the bees knees, especially the ability to have it pre-focussed with a dof scale. Only the price is stopping me ordering one for my GH2. It's the price of half a tank of boiler oil, which we need more than a new lens. Especially given Scotland's summer to date.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 30th June 2011

Liked 135 Times in 43 Posts

I hope they're going to do that 45mm in black as well as silver....
Old 30th June 2011

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

So that's what Olympus have been up to!

Having seen Panasonic pumping out models and lenses and with only the E-PL2 a serious m4/3 contender I had been very worried for Olympus' commercial camera prospects. I am a bit more comfortable about them now - this is a serious assault on the market, which is great.

Nick
Old 30th June 2011

Liked 135 Times in 43 Posts

It is great to see them bring so much to the market all at once, but kind of shows where they're going to be putting most (if not all) of their resources to work in the future - probably doesn't look too good for 4/3, but I do believe the Pens are/can be a viable alternative system if they continue to develop it.

Lots of the Internet crowd are moaning about high ISO not being any better, but it just makes me wonder when everyone started shooting in the dark?

I hankered for a decent portrait lens for my full 4/3 bodies for what seemed like forever, so getting one for m4/3 is a real bonus for me.... totally unexpected.