Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 2nd May 2016
Floribunda

Blue Skies

Australian Little Raven.

Australian Galahs - Male and Female.

The Following Users Liked This Post:
Beagletorque (3rd May 2016), Ross the fiddler (2nd May 2016)
Old 2nd May 2016

Thanked 1,345 Times in 1,050 Posts
Liked 2,225 Times in 1,175 Posts
Re: Blue Skies

Two nice images. Although we have some cloud in the sky we didn't get any of that rain they forecast last week for the weekend.

Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Old 2nd May 2016
Floribunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
Two nice images. Although we have some cloud in the sky we didn't get any of that rain they forecast last week for the weekend.

Hi Ross. We have been having disappointing forecasts over here too. Some rain promised today - fingers crossed.
Old 3rd May 2016

Liked 154 Times in 67 Posts

Looks to me like the south east is going to cop a hiding today - gale force winds and rain.
Old 3rd May 2016
Floribunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkly View Post
Looks to me like the south east is going to cop a hiding today - gale force winds and rain.
Blowing here Terry - Not much rain yet. It has been sliding past for weeks now.
Old 3rd May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkly View Post
Apparently around the Snowy & Canberra. The breeze will only get up to 35km/hr here.
Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Old 3rd May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floribunda View Post
Hi Ross. We have been having disappointing forecasts over here too. Some rain promised today - fingers crossed.
Next Sunday & Monday for us if forecasts turn out to be correct. I'm getting some more of our irrigation systems working now so I guess the dry weather is giving me some motivation to get them done then.
Old 3rd May 2016
Floribunda

Quote:
Next Sunday & Monday for us if forecasts turn out to be correct. I'm getting some more of our irrigation systems working now so I guess the dry weather is giving me some motivation to get them done then.
We have pulled ALL our irrigation systems out. It just didn't work for us. In a large garden such as ours it was just too expensive, even with drippers. Changing the garden around to drought resistant plants and good mulching has worked wonders.
Old 3rd May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floribunda View Post
We have pulled ALL our irrigation systems out. It just didn't work for us. In a large garden such as ours it was just too expensive, even with drippers. Changing the garden around to drought resistant plants and good mulching has worked wonders.
We have no intention of having all that many irrigation lines in at all, just something to keep the ferns alive during the dry or extra hot periods. I've put a programmable twin controller on those lines to the ferns under the Pittosporum undulatum & Turpentine (Syncarpia glomulifera) trees. Apart from that a soaker hose around the citrus trees (that them pesky cockies won't leave alone) & occasionally run the soaker under driveway Camellias (& Azaleas). When we don't have rain for a couple of months we can lose some things & so a bit of watering during that time helps. We've paid several $1000 to have Eucalypt trees removed because they have died.

EDIT (now that it's daylight): Just to show you the fern area.
(click on the thumbnail photos for larger view)
The birds nest fern on the right through tree trunks in the 1st photo is also in the lower left of the 2nd.

The Following User Liked This Post:
Floribunda (3rd May 2016)
Old 5th May 2016
Floribunda

Quote:
We have no intention of having all that many irrigation lines in at all, just something to keep the ferns alive during the dry or extra hot periods. I've put a programmable twin controller on those lines to the ferns under the Pittosporum undulatum & Turpentine (Syncarpia glomulifera) trees. Apart from that a soaker hose around the citrus trees (that them pesky cockies won't leave alone) & occasionally run the soaker under driveway Camellias (& Azaleas). When we don't have rain for a couple of months we can lose some things & so a bit of watering during that time helps. We've paid several $1000 to have Eucalypt trees removed because they have died.

EDIT (now that it's daylight): Just to show you the fern area.
(click on the thumbnail photos for larger view)
The birds nest fern on the right through tree trunks in the 1st photo is also in the lower left of the 2nd.

Have just caught up with your edit Ross. That fern area looks great and as the Bird Nest ferns get bigger it will look stunning. Would you consider mounting one up a tree? Too hard perhaps. I have a lot of ferns in my shade house and am surprised at how tough some of them are. Can understand how you want to keep the water up to them, especially in dry times.
We received 9mls out of the last blow - more wind than rain - but more promised this weekend. Here's Hoping!
The Following User Liked This Post:
Ross the fiddler (5th May 2016)