Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Picture of the Day

Picture of the Day Your selections from the e-group gallery featured each day as the Picture of the Day! Please send nominations to forum-admin@e-group.uk.net

Old 15th September 2013

Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
Re: F15 Eagle - Cad West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Hi! and welcome again. Hope this post will provide you with some answers?

That photo was taken in Wales which has some very, very good plane spotting locations - Cad West being just one - all within a few miles of each other. You'll meet a great bunch of toggers all willing to help out with tips etc.

The following link will provide an introduction to Low Level training routes.

Try this link to get started. Plenty of info and other links which are well worth looking into for additional viewing for locations and how to get there.

For a variety of close knit locations, each offering completely different vantage points then the Wales locations are probably the dog's doodahs.

I based myself over a week at Dolgelau. The plane spotting locations, Cad West, Cad East, The Bwlch etc., are 10 - 15 minutes away by car - with good parking = a bonus. Just be prepared to go mountain climbing which might take on an additional - for me 30 minutes or so.

Take plenty of fluids / grub as it really is a complete day's outing. The locations are wide open to the elements and the weather can be very unpredictable. Would advise a 'pop-up' tent just in case. I was lucky and was offered a share by other toggers.

The Welsh Mach Loop is located within LFA7LF and probably offers the biggest variety of aircraft - also used by foreign Air Forces / linked photo's will offer that proof.

Finally, like everything else in life, nothing is guaranteed.
This is one place I really want to visit.

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
Old 1st May 2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: F15 Eagle - Cad West

Stunning image