Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Announcements > Site news

Site news Updates concerning the operation of this site.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th July 2008
Administrator

Thanked 3,164 Times in 2,472 Posts
Liked 4,472 Times in 2,124 Posts
Dates for your Diary

I have in mind a couple of more dates for FTU/E-System Days Out.

Saturday 16th August

I have a few ideas, mainly based in London as it is relatively easy for everyone in this part of the World to get to.

1) A visit to one of the classic Victorian London Cemeteries. Highgate springs to mind as the most famous but Brompton looks less restictive with longer opening hours and park status. Apparently it is now quite a haven for wildlife and, of course, there are numerous old tombs and headstones just begging for B&W infra-red photography, perhaps with a bit of diffusion for an almost supernatural Gothic effect!

2) If the above is a little too macabre maybe we could head for one of the Capital's wide open spaces. Hampstead Heath, Richmond Park or Hyde Park spring to mind.

3) London Aquarium would provide an altogether different photo challenge. Low light levels, moving fish, long exposures and/or high ISO - could we and our cameras cope? Anyone up for it?

4) Rainham Marshes should provide a real sense of wilderness right on London's doorstep, with some real wildlife and nature photographic oppportunities.

5) Or, for something completely different, I could investigate the possibilities for photography at an evening floodlit greyhound race meeting at Romford Stadium.

Do any of the above ideas appeal? or do you have any other suggestions? Please let me know your thoughts.

Sunday 9th NovemberThe autumn colours should be ablaze by then in Epping Forest. Note this date in your diary, more details to follow.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there ó even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau