Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 9th October 2013
Administrator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 1,274 Posts
Liked 1,715 Times in 774 Posts
Adobe account security

As you may have been aware with recent headline news coverage, Adobe's corporate network was hacked a few days ago and it's likely that customer accounts have been compromised. Adobe is now emailing all its customers requesting that they change their passwords. If you are an Adobe customer and especially if you bought Adobe software and paid using a credit card online then you should change your password as soon as possible.

IMPORTANT - make sure you go to the official adobe.com page for changing your account password. It's probably best to god to adobe.com and finding the page there as no doubt there will be some spoof emails phishing for your account details.

My understanding is that actual details stored in your account are encrypted and unlikely to be vulnerable but as a precaution a change of password to prevent unauthorised activity is very advisable.

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian For This Useful Post:
angelpaaul (9th October 2013), Grumpy Hec (11th October 2013), OM USer (9th October 2013), Wee man (9th October 2013)
Old 9th October 2013

Liked 34 Times in 12 Posts
Re: Adobe account security

Thank you Ian, I have just changed my pass word and I was not aware that the site had been hacked very appreciated regards John.
Old 9th October 2013
Banned

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Does anyone know how to remove themselves from adobe.com?

I just did the "change password" thing - but really all I want to do is delete myself (having no further use for any Adobe products). They don't seem to allow for this.
Old 10th October 2013

Liked 563 Times in 206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Bowman View Post
Does anyone know how to remove themselves from adobe.com?

I just did the "change password" thing - but really all I want to do is delete myself (having no further use for any Adobe products). They don't seem to allow for this.
Hi Dick,

The best option I could find to help is go to

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=acrobat-com and select 'Signing in or managing my account'. Then click on 'I still need help'.

That should give you an option to start a chat session with Adobe Customer Care who should be able to delete your account. Not idea I know but seems the only available option. Hope this is of help.
Old 11th October 2013
Banned

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks, I may try that.

It seems to be a general issue with so many online setups - you can stop reading, using, visiting and so forth - but they never ever let you leave (and I'm sure it's at least borderline illegal).
Old 5th November 2013

Liked 537 Times in 375 Posts

This was the Reg's take on the passwords

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11...were_pathetic/

so no great loss.