Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-30

Olympus E-30 An Olympus 12.1MP upper mid-range DSLR, the E-30.

Old 6th October 2010

Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Re: Camera RAW issue

Hi I have also looked at your images , they both look prety simular in colour the e30 a little more saturated as stated before in the reds, I did notice you used different lenses, This could count for the kelin shift, the lens on the e30 is a little softer towards the edges.

Also I know that Olympus did tweak the WB on the E30 also, the E30 gives more detail in the Highlight area then it should, also shouting at different iso's may make small differences as iso 200 does give a greater tonal range than iso 100 for some reason.

Dave
Old 6th October 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Camera RAW issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyPaul View Post
No problem iMac, I was pretty sure I was right but you seemed resistant to the idea so I did not push it, just glad you have it sorted out now.
It was a very strange problem Paul if you look at it from the point of view of you have files that are only a few days old that looked fine and every file after had the issue, but nothing changed on the computer side. I even re-installed the night before last the Camera RAW update 3.3 thinking that it was the problem (corrupt file or whatever) but it made no difference, but I guess we know now that 3.3 was buggy and would work fine some of times. Anyway I hope it's all water under the bridge now, and I can put my mind at ease.

I am a computer tech by trade and I make it a point of knowing if there is changes being made to any of my computers, a bit anal about it I guess to the point I bought another one for my wife so mine would be left alone and I'm also the type of person that once challenged with a problem like this I don't stop digging until I find the root of the problem.

Again thanks all !!
Now how do we make this as "Solved" ?