Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 1st June 2016
Administrator

Liked 1,602 Times in 925 Posts
Exclamation Olympus E-500 Body

Now all the lenses have gone, my E-500 is only capable of being used with Old OM lenses.

Despite being a really good camera, it just sitting in the bag and not getting any use. It's in good/very good condition having a screen protector from new.

Less than 4k on the shutter.

Three genuine BLM-1 batteries, two 1GB "H" xD Cards, A 4GB Kingston 266X CF Card,

Fully boxed, etc.. It's even got the hot shoe cover and VF cover.

You will not have any problems with the strap lugs falling off this one, it's very well made...

The BEST OFFER (over 50) by the end of June gets it...

The average of the last 10 sold on eBay was 53 for Body Only!

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...
Old 3rd June 2016
Administrator

Re: Olympus E-500 Body

The current "offer" is 55 (+ P&P ).

Old 3rd June 2016

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

And, people, don't forget that the E-500 (like the E-1, E-300 and E-400) has the unusual feature of a Full Frame Transfer CCD sensor. The effect is to allow each photosite/pixel to be larger than it could be on an equivalent interline (rather than FFT) sensor. Wrotniak has a discussion here:http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e500-rev.html#SENSOR

Some would say that the successor E-510 trades live-view (which requires a C/NMOS sensor) for CCD image quality, and what is more important?

I am beginning to convince myself ... but I will stick with the E-400. If I try hard! There are not many of these CCD bodies left, after all.....

Piers
The Following User Says Thank You to gphemy For This Useful Post:
Graham_of_Rainham (3rd June 2016)
The Following User Liked This Post:
Pierre L (3rd June 2016)
Old 3rd June 2016
Administrator

I considered having it converted to a full spectrum IR, but then I wouldn't use it much for that either...

Old 4th June 2016

Liked 412 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
I considered having it converted to a full spectrum IR, but then I wouldn't use it much for that either...
Hi there Graham!

It would be hard work using an E-500 full spectrum camera with IR filters - LiveView really helps as with plain glass over the sensor and an IR filter on the lens you can't generally see much through the viewfinder!

To be honest I was so disappointed with the prices on Ebay that I donated my E-500 together with a 14-45 and 40-150 f3.5-5.6 to my local scout troup when I found out that they now do a "digital photography" badge. Hopefully I'll get the Olympus seed planted in some young minds!

Hope the sale goes ok,

Cheers,

Ralph.
Old 4th June 2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Harwood View Post
Hi there Graham!

It would be hard work using an E-500 full spectrum camera with IR filters - LiveView really helps as with plain glass over the sensor and an IR filter on the lens you can't generally see much through the viewfinder!

To be honest I was so disappointed with the prices on Ebay that I donated my E-500 together with a 14-45 and 40-150 f3.5-5.6 to my local scout troup when I found out that they now do a "digital photography" badge. Hopefully I'll get the Olympus seed planted in some young minds!

Hope the sale goes ok,

Cheers,

Ralph.
I was the GSL of our local troop and did a lot of badge work with them. I donate the proceeds of some things, sold on eBay to various Children's Charities.

As for the IR conversion, I was thinking "Goldie" rather than Full Spectrum, for the reasons you say. But it would still not get much use.

Old 15th June 2016

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Just a quick bump, since this item appears to have gone unnoticed
The Following User Liked This Post:
Graham_of_Rainham (16th June 2016)