Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 24th November 2008
Chillimonster

Help give me an idea on prices :)

Hi Guys.

I'm after a little bit of help on prices for some gear.

I have been offered (by my brother who flys around all over the place) a Nikon D700 via a combonation of Duty Free and family 'donations' for Christmas. The effective price will be 1000 - 1100 for the D700 body.

I'm currently evaluating if this would be a good move (some of you may remember my previous posts about the D700 and the quandry i faced back then ) and which lenses would suit my current shooting style / requirements.

So..... to get down to busines, what sort of prices could i expect for the following kit. All is boxed, less than 6 months old and in mint condition. In fact the E-3 body is my backup and is very low milage.

E-3 Body
FL50-R Flash
50-200mm SWD
12-60mm SWD
50mm Macro
EC-14
E-1 Body
HLD1 E-1 Grip
Sigma 150mm Macro

4 x 3rd Part Batteries (2 x Uniross / 2 x ??)

Like i said, its all just theory at the moment, and depends on the lenses for the D700 as i am already sold on the low-light performance on it from previous experience.

Chris
Old 24th November 2008
eyespy

Re: Help give me an idea on prices :)

As a very general rule of thumb I'd say 66% of the current RRP for kit that is still in production - less for discontinued kit.
Old 24th November 2008

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyespy View Post
As a very general rule of thumb I'd say 66% of the current RRP for kit that is still in production - less for discontinued kit.
I would go for that for lenses, but 50% for accessories and bodies

Assuming of course that there are no supply and demand factors in the game. The other issue is the relationship between RRP. SP and GMP in any market for these products. The latter is important to SH sales as buyers assume they have similar risks overall.

Somewhat suprised you have an E1 all boxed up and less than 6 moths old though....but in many ways the easiest thing to value!

Finally, and most importantly, all the above have been bought and sold on the forums and ebay so the actual price is not hard to establish - even if it's not so easy to swallow at times.
Old 24th November 2008
Chillimonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo_owl View Post

Somewhat suprised you have an E1 all boxed up and less than 6 moths old though

DOH!

Old 24th November 2008
Chillimonster

How do these sound?

725 E-3 Body (including Extra Batteries)
180 FL50-R Flash
560 50-200mm SWD (inc UV Filter)
460 12-60mm SWD (inc UV Filter)
250 50mm Macro
210 EC-14
210 E-1 Body & HLD1 E-1 Grip
320 Sigma 150mm Macro

Chris
Old 24th November 2008
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts

PM sent, Chris.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 24th November 2008
Makonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillimonster View Post
How do these sound?

725 E-3 Body (including Extra Batteries)
180 FL50-R Flash
560 50-200mm SWD (inc UV Filter)
460 12-60mm SWD (inc UV Filter)
250 50mm Macro
210 EC-14
210 E-1 Body & HLD1 E-1 Grip
320 Sigma 150mm Macro

Chris
They sound a bit high to me. I paid a fraction over 500 for my 12-60 and a fraction over 600 for the 50-200 SWD, both brand new, boxed, warranty stamped, from supplier. No filters. I could be in the market for your E3 and EC-14 but would be looking for lower prices. Right now there's a new E-3 body on Ebay as bankrupt stock for 460 bid, in havant (two hours left....)
Old 24th November 2008
SonorG

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

If you were to sell the E1 what kinda time scale would you be thinking? (just so I could save up )
Old 24th November 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i have been looking at prices for an E3 body - best found for new = 819.99.

cant decide whether to go for it or wait for E30.

Help

Dave
Old 24th November 2008
Chillimonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makonde View Post
They sound a bit high to me. I paid a fraction over 500 for my 12-60 and a fraction over 600 for the 50-200 SWD, both brand new, boxed, warranty stamped, from supplier. No filters. I could be in the market for your E3 and EC-14 but would be looking for lower prices. Right now there's a new E-3 body on Ebay as bankrupt stock for 460 bid, in havant (two hours left....)
Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie View Post
If you were to sell the E1 what kinda time scale would you be thinking? (just so I could save up )
Depends who was asking. If it was you....... I'd hold it until whenever you could get the money together.

PM me if you are interested.

Chris
Old 24th November 2008
Chillimonster

If anyone wants to make me an offer i cannot refuse on any of this stuff, please PM me.

Depending on the type of offers i get will help me decide if the D700 deal is a go'er. If it looks like its going to cost me too much to change, it will have to wait.

Chris
Old 24th November 2008
eyespy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makonde View Post
..... Right now there's a new E-3 body on Ebay as bankrupt stock for 460 bid, in havant (two hours left....)
It went for 731 with p+p.
Old 24th November 2008
Chillimonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyespy View Post
It went for 731 with p+p.
Thanks for the update - Makes my price seem nearer the mark
Old 25th November 2008
Administrator

Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,480 Posts
Liked 4,504 Times in 2,141 Posts

Hi Chris,

I bought my E3 in June from Jim on this forum for 745 including Royal Mail Special Delivery. He priced it higher to start with, but gradually reduced it until I just found it irresistible, so on this basis your price seems about right BUT KIV that you are also pitching the FL50R at 180 which combined with the E3 would total 905. A brand new E3 can be had for this, with the flash included under the current promotion. However, the camera alone may well appeal to someone on a tight budget who simply cannot stretch to 900, regardless of the flash.

If not, you could pitch the camera and flash together for, say, 800 - but that may not recoup enough of your original investment.

Personally, I would be interested in the FL50R at 150 but would understand if you didn't want to drop that low.

Regarding the 50-200 SWD, one of these is on the Ffordes website for 599. It does, of course, come with a guarantee but, even so, your price doesn't seem too far out and yours does include a filter which at that size is quite significant. Also, I get the impression that you look after your kit so any buyer shouldn't have a problem.

Hope this helps,

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 25th November 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
Also, I get the impression that you look after your kit so any buyer shouldn't have a problem.

Hope this helps,
I can personally vouch for Chris here folks... he does most certainly look after his kit. I have purchased two superb lenses off him; the 14-54mm and 11-22mm and I would not have known either one was not new. They included everything that would have been with the lenses if purchased new, including plastic bags!

If anyone is courting with the idea of purchasing or making an offer to Chris for any of this equipment you can be absolutely 100% assured that it will be in 1st class condition.

PS: he's a great chap too!