Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 2nd December 2013

Liked 1,327 Times in 625 Posts
Wow, that touch screen is fast!

I have not played with the touch screen before (I have the LCD off 99%+ of the time, except for a bit of Chimping) but was having a go with my mobile phone and the Android App this morning

I thought I would see how the touch screen worked as a camera control tool and was amazed at the speed with which the camera focused then took a shot, it seemed to be almost instantaneous

May be interesting to have a go when working on the tripod with my bubble photography and the like

As to the App, I still find it annoying that I can't set it up then use the camera the way I want ie: via the EVF with the shots instantly downloading to my tablet for closer inspection

More playing needed, when I'm in a more "Olympus" frame of mind, maybe
Old 2nd December 2013

Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Re: Wow, that touch screen is fast!

Hi Brian, I have noticed even on the EM5 it is instantainious focus and taking the shot before your fimger can move off the screen the shot is on the card, I have tried it on several points on distance from the camera snd itd the same speed.

Dave
Old 2nd December 2013

Liked 106 Times in 61 Posts

What lenses were you using? I know it's blazingly fast with the 45mm. I used it, (the touchscreen), with my grandson running at me, the heck with tracking, every shot was in focus. That was with the PL5.
Old 2nd December 2013

Liked 1,327 Times in 625 Posts

it was with the 75-300 on the front