Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!


Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19th May 2008
theMusicMan's Avatar
theMusicMan theMusicMan is offline
E-3 Enthusiast....:)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 5,878
Thanks: 143
Thanked 267 Times in 178 Posts
Likes: 8
Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
I have a cool booking confirmed...

Hey all...

Just wanted to share some cool news I received today. I have just received confirmation of a booking at a major Newport Veterinary surgery Open Day where I have been asked if I could be the official photographer at the event. It doesn't sound like much I know, but check this... they have asked me if I could set up a small studio where I could charge £x (my choice) per pet photo shoot, and they mentioned that already have a few bookings and then could sell any images their clients want. But that's not all...

The day is being opened by
Gareth David-Lloyd, aka Ianto from the hugely successful series, Torchwood, and they want me to do the official 'pose with the star' photos as well. OK, so he's not a humongous mega star, but it'll do for me!

On top of this they are using some shots I did of their premises on their www site, and they want to send some shots I take during the day to the press and media... they're a fairly well known, and very highly regarded vet surgery in Newport you see... and so are guaranteed coverage in the media... possibly on the TV too.

Needless to say I am quite excited about this, which comes on the day after I am being paid to come to London to take a photoshoot of a band in the Cadogan Hall, London. Me wants more of this photography
__________________
John

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19th May 2008
Chillimonster
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I have a cool booking confirmed...

top stuff John, Well done on the booking/s. All the hard work is starting to pay off at last, must be a good feeling

Will you be printing on site (and therefore collecting money on the day )?

Chris
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19th May 2008
theMusicMan's Avatar
theMusicMan theMusicMan is offline
E-3 Enthusiast....:)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 5,878
Thanks: 143
Thanked 267 Times in 178 Posts
Likes: 8
Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: I have a cool booking confirmed...

If only I had the gear to do that Chris, I'd love to be able to do that. Know anywhere I could hire anything...?
__________________
John

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19th May 2008
Chillimonster
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I have a cool booking confirmed...

I think Calumet hire Dye-Sub printers by the day

I will look into it and come back to you.

Chris
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19th May 2008
Zuiko's Avatar
Zuiko Zuiko is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dunmow, Essex
Posts: 22,185
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,480 Posts
Likes: 3,446
Liked 4,503 Times in 2,140 Posts
Re: I have a cool booking confirmed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan View Post
Hey all...

Just wanted to share some cool news I received today. I have just received confirmation of a booking at a major Newport Veterinary surgery Open Day where I have been asked if I could be the official photographer at the event. It doesn't sound like much I know, but check this... they have asked me if I could set up a small studio where I could charge x (my choice) per pet photo shoot, and they mentioned that already have a few bookings and then could sell any images their clients want. But that's not all...

The day is being opened by
Gareth David-Lloyd, aka Ianto from the hugely successful series, Torchwood, and they want me to do the official 'pose with the star' photos as well. OK, so he's not a humongous mega star, but it'll do for me!

On top of this they are using some shots I did of their premises on their www site, and they want to send some shots I take during the day to the press and media... they're a fairly well known, and very highly regarded vet surgery in Newport you see... and so are guaranteed coverage in the media... possibly on the TV too.

Needless to say I am quite excited about this, which comes on the day after I am being paid to come to London to take a photoshoot of a band in the Cadogan Hall, London. Me wants more of this photography
Well done, John - you're on your way!

Cheers,

John
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19th May 2008
Nick Temple-Fry's Avatar
Nick Temple-Fry Nick Temple-Fry is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 17
Thanked 190 Times in 142 Posts
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: I have a cool booking confirmed...

Congratulations John.

I envy you your growing success.

(Now I wonder if I can persuade someone with a pet squirrel to go along)

Nick
__________________
Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
www.temple-fry.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20th May 2008
emirpprime
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: I have a cool booking confirmed...

Wow! Good score John!
I hope it does, and am sure it will, go well,
Phil
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20th May 2008
Barr1e's Avatar
Barr1e Barr1e is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 45kms NW of London
Posts: 4,458
Thanks: 323
Thanked 389 Times in 267 Posts
Likes: 1,242
Liked 854 Times in 282 Posts
Re: I have a cool booking confirmed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emirpprime View Post
Wow! Good score John!
I hope it does, and am sure it will, go well,
Phil
Ditto.

Regards. Barr1e
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20th May 2008
theMusicMan's Avatar
theMusicMan theMusicMan is offline
E-3 Enthusiast....:)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 5,878
Thanks: 143
Thanked 267 Times in 178 Posts
Likes: 8
Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: I have a cool booking confirmed...

Thanks all, appreciate the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
Congratulations John.

I envy you your growing success.

(Now I wonder if I can persuade someone with a pet squirrel to go along)

Nick
Now I will know who put the said someone up to it eh Nick... nice one!
__________________
John

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 20th May 2008
shenstone's Avatar
shenstone shenstone is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 3,434
Thanks: 167
Thanked 333 Times in 254 Posts
Likes: 437
Liked 541 Times in 293 Posts
Re: I have a cool booking confirmed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan View Post
Hey all...
The day is being opened by [/FONT]Gareth David-Lloyd, aka Ianto from the hugely successful series, Torchwood, and they want me to do the official 'pose with the star' photos as well. OK, so he's not a humongous mega star, but it'll do for me!
Obviously congratulations

Re the bit with Ianto ( I know who he is so it's cool by me & BTW last weeks Doctor Who contained 2 scnes filmed in the lane opposite our house - also cool ! ) You should check any T&C's you are offered very carefully as it would be better for you and your client to retain copyright and moral rights on your pictures whereas i'm sure his agent will be thinking the same !

Regards
Andy
__________________
My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
http://www.shenstone.me.uk
http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
https://vimeo.com/shenstone
http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 20th May 2008
HughofBardfield's Avatar
HughofBardfield HughofBardfield is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Great Bardfield, Essex, UK
Posts: 730
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I have a cool booking confirmed...

That is well cool! Congratters!

Hope you have fun - just a pity it's not the lovely Eve Myles!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 20th May 2008
theMusicMan's Avatar
theMusicMan theMusicMan is offline
E-3 Enthusiast....:)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 5,878
Thanks: 143
Thanked 267 Times in 178 Posts
Likes: 8
Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: I have a cool booking confirmed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenstone View Post
Obviously congratulations

Re the bit with Ianto ( I know who he is so it's cool by me & BTW last weeks Doctor Who contained 2 scnes filmed in the lane opposite our house - also cool ! ) You should check any T&C's you are offered very carefully as it would be better for you and your client to retain copyright and moral rights on your pictures whereas i'm sure his agent will be thinking the same !

Regards
Andy
Fabulous point Andy, thanks for mentioning this to me. I have already contacted the surgery and advised them of this. They are contacting Gareth to ascertain what he will permit them [me] to do. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughofBardfield View Post
That is well cool! Congratters!

Hope you have fun - just a pity it's not the lovely Eve Myles!
OMG yes Hugh, now that would have been a challenge, she is drop dead gorgeous eh!
__________________
John

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29 AM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger