Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 20th November 2011
Sprocketdog23

Cloud Based Editors

If your on the move and have internet access, or on a PC/Mac that doesn't have a photo editor installed, Autodesk have provided a couple of neat little photo app's, one aimed at adding effects, the other a full blown editor. You can find them at http://pixlr.com/. It seems to be based around Flash, so won't work on an IPad, but probably will on an Android tablet. I used it to edit images from my Pen E-P1 whilst travelling in Spain and using PC's in hotels and internet cafe's, and it worked really well, as I could perform editing and cropping and then upload the images to my photoblog whilst travelling.
Old 20th November 2011

Liked 190 Times in 126 Posts
Re: Cloud Based Editors

The other possibility if there is a USB socket available is Faststone Image Viewer. It can be installed on and run from a USB memory stick and doesn't write to the host computers registry in this mode.
The latest incarnation is pretty comprehensive, to say it's freeware.

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!