Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Closed Thread

Old 25th June 2011

Thanked 1,128 Times in 705 Posts
Liked 1,469 Times in 734 Posts
Wally's Oly bits & bobs for sale

Thanks everyone for the replies and the interest. As promised here are the items with prices I hope to sell for?

SOLD subject to payment Olympus e510 twin lens kit 200 inc P&P Ideal starter kit for beginner
14-42mm & 40-150mm kit lens PLUS many extra’s including 3rd party battery grip. Items boxed and in excellent cosmetic condition.

Olympus e3 with Olympus SLR case 525 inc P&P Excellent cosmetic condition – shutter count approx 10k. Boxed. Comes with 3rd party comprehensive instructional DVD set. Comes with 2Gb xD panoramic and CF memory chips.

HLD4 80 inc P&P Complete. Excellent cosmetic condition. Boxed.

Olympus e3 with Olympus SLR case 475 inc P&P

Excellent cosmetic condition. New screen fitted – shutter count approx 20K. Boxed. Remote control cover missing but rubber cover provided. 2/3 dust flecks in viewer? Comes with 3rd party comprehensive instructional DVD set. Comes with 2Gb xD panoramic and CF memory chips.

HLD4 80 inc P&P Complete. Excellent cosmetic condition. Boxed.

Olympus RM-CB1 40 inc P&P Remote control unit – complete. Excellent cosmetic condition. Boxed.

Olympus FL50 flash unit 190 inc P&P – complete. Excellent cosmetic condition. Boxed.

SOLD subject to payment EC-20 x2 tele-converter. 300 inc P&P. Used once. Complete. Excellent cosmetic condition. Boxed.

35mm Macro lens 110 inc P&P - excellent cosmetic condition. No box due to roof leak/water damage but will come with a lens case.

40-150 Mk 2 ED f4.0-5.6 lens 100 inc P&P. NEW/Unopened in box.

SOLD subject to payment 50mm ED f2.0 Macro lens 380 inc P&P - Used once. Excellent cosmetic condition. Boxed.

Sold subject to payment 50-200mm ED f2.8-3.5 SWD lens 650 inc P&P – complete with pouch and tri-pod mount. In excellent cosmetic condition. Comes with filter. Boxed.

SOLD subject to payment 70-300mm ED f4-5.6 lens 225 inc P&P – excellent cosmetic condition. Comes with 3rd party pouch + filter. No box due to roof leak/water damage.

Thank you Ian... well spotted... I've just sacked my secretary. I/we have rechecked the descriptions and as far as I can tell they are now correct. If not please let me know. Ta muchly.

Camera cases etc

Naneu 3KL Adventure Pro camera rucksack 75 inc P&P
. Bought in October 2010 for trip to Norway but never used. Will hold a 15" laptop plus camera gear with clothing etc. Very versatile piece of gear which doesn't look like a piece of toggers kit. This bag also has a neat tripod carrying feature. Cost over 100.

Lowepro Toploader 75AW Pro camera case. 60 inc P&P
. Excellent condition with light use. Comes with chest harness.

Lowepro 70AW camera case. 50 inc P&P. Excellent condition with light use.

Lowepro TLZ1 camera case. 15 inc P&P. Excellent condition with light use.

Addendum - Velbon UP400DX Monopod 25 inc P&P. VG to excellent condition. Now boxed.

Late addition - Konig Pro Tri-pod Model No. KN-Tripod60. As new condition. Boxed with carrying case. Open to sensible offers.

Late addition - Konig Pro Tripod head Model No. KN-trihead20 As new condition. Boxed. Open to sensible offers.

Rangefinder cameras

SOLD subject to payment Pentax 110 Sub-miniature SLR 55 inc P&P Comes with 18mm 2.8, 24mm 2.8 and 50mm2.8 lens. Flash and motor film drive unit in Pentax case. All items inc any supplied filters, in excellent condition, no fungus etc. Includes 2 batteries and 1x 110 Film unopened..

Item Sold Pentax 110 Sub-miniature SLR 60 inc P&P Comes with 18mm 2.8, 24mm 2.8 and 50mm 2.8 lens. Flash and motor film drive unit in camera case. All items inc any supplied filters, in excellent condition, no fungus etc. Includes 2 batteries and 1x 110 film – unopened and extra filters.

Miranda GT SLR - 35mm film kit in hard case 100 inc P&P Purchased 1963in Singapore, therefor not a Dixons model. Comes with 50mm f1.9 plus 50mm f1.8 and an 135mm f2.8 telephoto lens, 2x converter and ext tubes. Miranda SLR soft case for camera and 50mm lens. Miranda Waist-level viewfinder in box. Fits to removable prism mount. All in excellent condition, clean glass etc. Open to sensible offers.

Miranda 35-70mm Macro zoom lens (Pentax K fit). 35 inc P&P In excellent all-round condition clean glass etc. Boxed. Open to offers.

Happy window shopping. Will be around till Thursday then away for the next 3-4 days so PM if interested and I'll reply ASAP on my return.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Last edited by CallaWolf; 29th June 2011 at 06:50 AM. Reason: 70-300 lens incorrect description + some added items.
Old 25th June 2011

Liked 57 Times in 36 Posts
Re: Wally's Oly bits & bobs for sale

Hi wally PM sent.

Lots of toys.
Old 26th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Wally,

Can you tell me what the price for the 70-300 would be including shipping to Dublin, Ireland, if you would be willing to do so?

Thanks,

Mark

HAVE: E-620 | HLD-5 | ED14-42 | ED40-150 | ED70-300
CURIOUS ABOUT: Sigma 50-500 Or | EC-14 For 70-300
DREAM OF: E-5 | HLD-4 | ED7-14| ED14-35 | ED35-100 | ED90-250 | EC-14 | EC-20
Old 26th June 2011
Administrator

Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,278 Posts
Liked 1,754 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
Hi Wally,

Can you tell me what the price for the 70-300 would be including shipping to Dublin, Ireland, if you would be willing to do so?

Thanks,

Mark
I think there is an error in the description - the 70-300 should be f/4-5.6, not 2.8-3.5.

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 26th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks like Wally's corrected that. I didn't even spot it - I know there's only one Oly 70-300, so anything after that is blurb. ;-)

Old 26th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Folks, the E-510 and two lens kit on its own would usually be 250 + post 2nd hand, let alone with all this kit: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11900

That's got to be 350 worth of kit in anyone's book!

PLEASE someone buy it before I end up with another E-510 I don't need.

Just call me the Magpie!

Old 26th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, pm sent
Old 26th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, pm sent.
Old 26th June 2011
razor908

pm sent as well
Old 26th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi All,

I'm curious about the PM thing here - are sales commonly done like this on here? I can't find any trading rules or guidelines on the site?

Kinda still finding my feet on the forum, I suppose, and I have been PMing some guys who have stuff for sale that I'm interested in, but I've always expressed my interest publicly first, and my PMs have been about delivering to Ireland, payment, etc. And I've tried to post on the actual sale thread that I've PM'd the seller, giving an idea of the jist of the PM - "PM sent re delivery", or PM sent re paypal".

I'd have thought that if some folk are expressing their interest in an item(s) by PMing the seller, everyone else also has to, as no-one has any idea what items people are expressing interest in.

I mean no disrespect to any sale-PMers on the forum, but it seems a bit underhand? Or am I missing something? I'm struggling to think of any logical or reasonable reason for PMs before discussing payment/delivery.

Surely if anyone is interested in buying any items, it's fair for everyone to see what the items are? Otherwise people could be expressing interest in an item that has perhaps already secretly been sold/negotiated, wasting people's time.

A large trading forum here in Ireland - adverts.ie - has the condition that all dealings up until agreement to buy/sell are done publicly, with actual payment & delivery/collection being done by PM.

Again, I genuinely mean no disrespect to PMers - if this is how buying/selling is done on here, so be it - I guess it's good to be aware of it.

Mark

Old 26th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
Hi All,

I'm curious about the PM thing here - are sales commonly done like this on here? I can't find any trading rules or guidelines on the site?

Kinda still finding my feet on the forum, I suppose, and I have been PMing some guys who have stuff for sale that I'm interested in, but I've always expressed my interest publicly first, and my PMs have been about delivering to Ireland, payment, etc. And I've tried to post on the actual sale thread that I've PM'd the seller, giving an idea of the jist of the PM - "PM sent re delivery", or PM sent re paypal".

I'd have thought that if some folk are expressing their interest in an item(s) by PMing the seller, everyone else also has to, as no-one has any idea what items people are expressing interest in.

I mean no disrespect to any sale-PMers on the forum, but it seems a bit underhand? Or am I missing something? I'm struggling to think of any logical or reasonable reason for PMs before discussing payment/delivery.

Surely if anyone is interested in buying any items, it's fair for everyone to see what the items are? Otherwise people could be expressing interest in an item that has perhaps already secretly been sold/negotiated, wasting people's time.

A large trading forum here in Ireland - adverts.ie - has the condition that all dealings up until agreement to buy/sell are done publicly, with actual payment & delivery/collection being done by PM.

Again, I genuinely mean no disrespect to PMers - if this is how buying/selling is done on here, so be it - I guess it's good to be aware of it.

Mark
I agree to a certain extent. If someone now posted "I'll have it" here, for a particular item, the seller might say he'd already had interest from another member and the item ends up being sold to them instead. I think a definite unconditional post on the thread to buy at the asking price should always win and if a PM has bought something behind the scenes the seller should immediately update the thread.

Of course who the seller sells to is ultimately entirely up to them. It can be the third person to say they'll buy something! But standard forum etiquette elsewhere tends to be as I have mentioned.

Old 26th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Standard forum etiquette, but how about trading etiquette?

If there's never been any issue on here with this, then my concerns are moot, but I wonder if it's an issue waiting to happen?

This very thread could be a good example of how something could go down:

I've expressed interest in Wally's 70-300 - the first public interest on this thread, though I think there may have been others on Wally's original "Apologies" thread.

Now what's to say someone later PMs Wally with, "I'll take the 2 E-3s and the 50-200 IF you sell me the 70-300 as well. Otherwise, no deal."

No aspersions or assumptions regarding anyone here - I've obviously no idea what PMs are exchanging, and they could all be wishing Wally personal messages of support.

Keeping all dealings public till "SOLD!" is reached seems to me to be as fair as it can get, with PMs dealing with payment & delivery.

I don't envisage myself becoming a "trader" on here as such - nothing to sell, and no cash to buy much - so perhaps I'm sticking my oar in where it doesn't belong, but I just have concerns about this PM-ing during the sale.

Mods, you may want to graft this OT digression out if Wally's sale thread? Perhaps start a fresh thread on this topic?

Mark

Old 27th June 2011
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts

Well, it's worked fine like it is so far here, so if it ain't broke .....

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 27th June 2011

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

Wally

I believe in your previous post someone said they where interested in the EC-20. If for some reason they decide not to go through with the purchase, I'll definately be interested in it.

Regards

Simon
Old 27th June 2011

Thanked 1,128 Times in 705 Posts
Liked 1,469 Times in 734 Posts

In order to put peoples concerns at rest and as I'm not normally into buying and selling myself. I'm working on a 1st come 1st served basis. I've had some enquiries / I could be interested about buying but have only put a SOLD sign where a person has said they WILL BUY. Someone, no name no pack drill, enquired about additional postage costs. I've replied by PM, otherwise the thread get over-powering.

A large sale of items, such as I've put up might be a first on any forum, I don't really know? Perhaps as has been suggested some future R&R might be in order.

So, in order to quell anyone's fears. Enquiries welcome and I'll deal with them when I can, again, in order of receipt. Note - if I spend more than 10-15 mins on the computer I get a sodding headache and it isn't even that time of the month. If you want the items(s) just say so and I'll mark it as Sold pending payment

Now I need to go and lie down.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Closed Thread