Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th August 2019

Liked 2,404 Times in 1,584 Posts
Re: Do We Rely Too Much on Electricity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ224 View Post
If these electric trains need a mechanic to start them, them the system has failed. I shuddered to see passengers walking along rail lines, with all of the potential hazards there. I suppose the main hazard of a moving train had been eliminated tho'...……….

Thank goodness they ran out of money to electrify the last 50 miles of train track to Swansea...…………….
Not only had the trains failed but the toilets on many stopped working and there was no air conditioning. Needless to say the windows no longer open on newer trains. (I think Mk 3 carriages in HST sets were the last to be built with opening windows in the vestibules. Those windows are currently being removed as part of compliance with disability laws.)

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing