Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 6th October 2016

Liked 959 Times in 371 Posts
Nisi filter holder and 7-14mm adapter.

Nisi filter holder plus 7-14mm adapter, C/W polariser, nice case, various adapter rings, inc one for 12-40mm 2.8 Pro.
I bought the Nisi set in April this year, but find that my Lee filters do not slide easily in the holder. The 7-14mm adapter is not bad, I have had issues with the gasket on it, but include spare gaskets if needed.
After a frustrating afternoon yesterday trying to use the kit I decided to go back to Lee, hence this post.
I reiterate, there is nothing wrong with the kit, and the polariser is a steal, Lees cost 200, this kit comes with one. For me, it is cheaper to get the Lee holder for my Lee filters rather than have to buy Nisi filters.
So, the lot cost me 155 in April, yours for 100 plus postage, a fiver?

The filter kit, note the very nice case

The 7-14mm adapter.

Adapter fitted to my lens. Lens NOT included

Holder and adapter on lens.
Old 19th October 2016

Re: Nisi filter holder and 7-14mm adapter.

Bump. A bargain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Nisi filter holder plus 7-14mm adapter, C/W polariser, nice case, various adapter rings, inc one for 12-40mm 2.8 Pro.
I bought the Nisi set in April this year, but find that my Lee filters do not slide easily in the holder. The 7-14mm adapter is not bad, I have had issues with the gasket on it, but include spare gaskets if needed.
After a frustrating afternoon yesterday trying to use the kit I decided to go back to Lee, hence this post.
I reiterate, there is nothing wrong with the kit, and the polariser is a steal, Lees cost 200, this kit comes with one. For me, it is cheaper to get the Lee holder for my Lee filters rather than have to buy Nisi filters.
So, the lot cost me 155 in April, yours for 100 plus postage, a fiver?

The filter kit, note the very nice case

The 7-14mm adapter.

Adapter fitted to my lens. Lens NOT included

Holder and adapter on lens.
Old 1st November 2016

Sold, on a certain tree.
Old 2nd November 2016

Liked 39 Times in 26 Posts

I wish that I had seen this earlier as I have been looking at this. My only concern was that I had read that it was hard to get Lee filters into the holder. As I would have had to borrow filters (I only have the seven/5 system), I was worried about damaging them.

Just out of interest, could you have not attached the Lee holder to the adapter ring? If not, does that mean you are considering an alternative holder? I did see one advertised that someone had 3D printed. I would be interested to know if you do find an alternative that you think works!
Old 2nd November 2016

The adapter will not fit the Lee holder. The adapter is the one you saw advertised that was 3D printed.
I decided to get rid of it after a frustrating day trying to use it. The same day I bought another Lee holder and adapter for my 12-40mm. Lee will soon be offering a 7-14mm adapter for their 100 system, only downside is that there will be some unavoidable limitations due to the lens design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
I wish that I had seen this earlier as I have been looking at this. My only concern was that I had read that it was hard to get Lee filters into the holder. As I would have had to borrow filters (I only have the seven/5 system), I was worried about damaging them.

Just out of interest, could you have not attached the Lee holder to the adapter ring? If not, does that mean you are considering an alternative holder? I did see one advertised that someone had 3D printed. I would be interested to know if you do find an alternative that you think works!
Old 2nd November 2016

Liked 39 Times in 26 Posts

Thanks Dave. I saw two different 3D printed adapters for sale; one as a standalone that is supposed to work with the Lee 100 system and one that is sold together with the Nisi holder and kit. The standalone was much cheaper but I have no idea how well it will work or how securely a holder will fit to it.
Old 2nd November 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Thanks Dave. I saw two different 3D printed adapters for sale; one as a standalone that is supposed to work with the Lee 100 system and one that is sold together with the Nisi holder and kit. The standalone was much cheaper but I have no idea how well it will work or how securely a holder will fit to it.
Have you a link to the stand alone adapter Anne? I would be interested in seeing that.