Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 9th December 2009

Liked 71 Times in 34 Posts
Fotospeed?

Anyone heard of or used this company for anything?

Apparently as I have done the OU digital photography course I am entitled to discounts there, but before I use them I wondered if anyone had any feedback about this company

Many thanks

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!
Old 9th December 2009
EH1

Smile Re: Fotospeed?

I have bought lots of paper & ink off them in the past & had no problems at all!
Old 9th December 2009

Liked 43 Times in 34 Posts
Re: Fotospeed?

I have only had positive service from from them and good quality paper etc.
Old 9th December 2009

Liked 753 Times in 499 Posts
Re: Fotospeed?

I've used them a bit and found them excellent.

They sell a range of inkjet (and traditional darkroom) papers under their own name, and are also UK importers for Hahnemuhle. I tried their Fotospeed "Platinum Gloss" fibre-based paper and it's lovely stuff. They offer a free profiling service for their own and Hahnemuhle papers - they email you a file, along with very clear instructions on how to print it without it getting interfered with by the software. You post it back to them and they run it through their machine and email you a profile along with instructions on how to install it. I got this done for my Epson R2400 and as far as I can see it is spot-on. B&W prints are superb without a trace of a colour cast.

They are also UK agents for a few other people now. They had a sort of roadshow in Bath recently, which was a good excuse to visit a nice city - shame it ****ed down with rain. All the people there were very helpful and knew what they were on about. They import Kaiser stuff now, which includes all sorts of useful little gizmos. I was looking for a shoulder pod to replace my 30 year old Kaiser which is falling to bits. Kaiser still do one, aimed at cine camera users. They were out of stock but took down my particulars and emailed as soon as one came in. So I ordered it and it arrived within a couple of days.

So far it's all been good. And no, I don't have shares (or family) in the company

Ciao ... John