Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 11th April 2012
Tord S Eriksson

Greetings from the south of Sweden!

Hi all,

Just a short howdy from Gothenburg, Sweden.

Can't say I am a 100% Olympus man, even though I do own two Olympuses (the classic C-8080 & the modern version of it: XZ-1), but it is really the wife that's into Olympus MFTs (m4/3rds). Presently she has a E-PL1 and quite a few lenses (both Pan and Oly), but she's eagerly awaiting the OM-D E-M5 (cruddy name), bound to arrive here any week from ffordes, in Scotland.

What do I, or we, shoot?! Mostly during travel, birdwatching, family & friends, and - occasionally - at work!

Work, that is bus driving as a living, for us both, but I hope to get a job as a journalist and/or photographer, one day (I do have a MA in journalism).

Just wondered about what makes of cameras I do NOT own (or have owned), and concluded that I totally lack Ricoh, Leica, Casio, Hasselblad, and Phase One, but I have used some of those brands, too, ages ago, in the age of film! The rest I've got, in one form of digital, or other, including GoPro! Even got Olympus sound equipment (LS-10, superb)!

In the field of DSLR (and similar mirrorless) I do have Pentax (K-5), Sony (NEX-5N), and Nikon (V1). And I'll be borrowing my wife's E-M5 ever so often ;-)!

What I dream of? A new job, a big lottery bonanza, world peace, aircraft (hesitation roll, anyone?), and a FF digital Pentax! All dreams, but maybe, one day ...

Holidays I prefer to enjoy in the UK, Canada, or the US, as often as I can afford it!
Old 11th April 2012
Adam Easton

Re: Greetings from the south of Sweden!

Hi there!

It seems you have a great interest in all thing photographic.

I would love to see some images of your home land, Sweden. It is a dream of mine to ride my motorbike there armed with my camera.

good to here from you.

Welcome.
Old 11th April 2012
Tord S Eriksson

Thanks, Adam!
Old 11th April 2012

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts

Welcome to a great community online ! Love to see some of you shots
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 11th April 2012
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts

Welcome, Tord. There are quite a few of us here eagerly awaiting the OM-D! Do let us know what you and your wife think of it once it arrives.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 11th April 2012
Administrator

Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,485 Posts
Liked 4,527 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tord S Eriksson View Post
Hi all,

Just a short howdy from Gothenburg, Sweden.

Can't say I am a 100% Olympus man, even though I do own two Olympuses (the classic C-8080 & the modern version of it: XZ-1), but it is really the wife that's into Olympus MFTs (m4/3rds). Presently she has a E-PL1 and quite a few lenses (both Pan and Oly), but she's eagerly awaiting the OM-D E-M5 (cruddy name), bound to arrive here any week from ffordes, in Scotland.

What do I, or we, shoot?! Mostly during travel, birdwatching, family & friends, and - occasionally - at work!

Work, that is bus driving as a living, for us both, but I hope to get a job as a journalist and/or photographer, one day (I do have a MA in journalism).

Just wondered about what makes of cameras I do NOT own (or have owned), and concluded that I totally lack Ricoh, Leica, Casio, Hasselblad, and Phase One, but I have used some of those brands, too, ages ago, in the age of film! The rest I've got, in one form of digital, or other, including GoPro! Even got Olympus sound equipment (LS-10, superb)!

In the field of DSLR (and similar mirrorless) I do have Pentax (K-5), Sony (NEX-5N), and Nikon (V1). And I'll be borrowing my wife's E-M5 ever so often ;-)!

What I dream of? A new job, a big lottery bonanza, world peace, aircraft (hesitation roll, anyone?), and a FF digital Pentax! All dreams, but maybe, one day ...

Holidays I prefer to enjoy in the UK, Canada, or the US, as often as I can afford it!
Hi Tord and a big welcome to you and your wife. With the number of cameras you use or have used you bring great diversity to the forum. Of course we look forward to some pics taken on the E-M5 but don't be afraid to post pictures taken on other cameras - we are a relaxed and friendly group who principly love photography!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there — even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 11th April 2012

Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,030 Posts
Liked 1,234 Times in 804 Posts

Hello and welcome looking forward to your shots

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?
Old 23rd April 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It would indeed be great to see some shots of Sweden... and with the new camera especially!
Old 23rd April 2012

Liked 888 Times in 311 Posts

Welcome aboard Tord.

Olympus equipment
Capture One Pro
My flickr