Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 18th July 2011

Thanked 1,156 Times in 1,031 Posts
Liked 1,236 Times in 805 Posts
Smile Its back from Portugal!!

My E30 was giving me what I though were soft shots and the card eject button stopped working, as the two year warranty is up in August I sent it away to Olympus by RMSD on the 4th July for checking and a service. This morning 18th July DHL returned my camera body to me. The card eject is sorted and the repair sheet reads
Electronic fault : Mainboard : Repaired
Lens fault : Auto-focus: Repaired ( ? I did not send a lens on their advice)

All seems in order the few shots I have taken do seem back to normal and I can now get out with the camera again.

Fourteen days for repair and turn round seems very good as I was starting to suffer withdrawl pangs. All lens cleaned (twice,using Calocoat spray and Calocloth microfibre from opticians), bags sorted and repacked, filters sorted and tripod cleaned and oiled. Boy do you miss a camera!
Thanks Olympus great service.

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?