Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds

Micro Four Thirds Discuss the newly announced Micro Four Thirds addition to the Four Thirds system family here.

Old 18th July 2011

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Re: This Changes Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaarman View Post
I am happy to leave the swinging mirror behind, provided that the EVF is a joy to behold (and that is what we are hearing).

For the moment all my money went into my carefully selected 4/3 lenses and I am not about to spend it all again on m4/3 lenses

So - a "E650" with EVF and designed for 4/3 lenses would be perfect. I suspect that won't happen, so a "P650" with built in EVF that uses an adapter to take my lenses would be a viable alternative I reluctantly admit.

However, buying a EP3, adding the VF2, adding the m4/3 adapter, then fitting my 14-54 makes for one expensive camel of a camera - even if the end results would probably be excellent....

Pete
Hi Pete
Your lucky I didnt carefully select my 4/3 lenses I purchased on the presumption the system would continue to develope and have a large selection of lenses.
However I am about to buy the EP3 and Vf2 , as I already have the adapter and 17mm lens I believe there is a place for a lighter camera system for me.
I am thinking the Ep3 17mm 14-42kit lens my 4/3 9-18 will do just fine and can be packed into a very small light backpack when I dont wont to carry 8kgs with me.
I am hoping that when the Pro Pen comes it can handle my collection of 4/3 lenses with acceptable performance .
Cheers
John