Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 26th January 2017

Liked 22 Times in 7 Posts
Free Lightroom alternative.. maybe

Ok my first proper post, I hope it can be of use.

An Adobe tip you may or may not know. I have been using Adobe Bridge for a while now, I use it every day at work to browse images, colour correct, meta data etc. Most people who I work with have not really used it.
It's free ( as far as I understand you don't need any other Adobe app) and basically works like Lightroom, works with Raw, all the sliders are the same. You can do batch processing, (some do need to work in conjunction with photoshop) resizing, apply one setting to multiple images and load colour styles from the web. You can save as pdfs as well. Images can look soft when not at 100% but that's down to preview settings. I'm still learning LR so still use Bridge to edit down images. I'm not sure how Olympus profiles or DNG's work.

This is Adobe's description.
Bridge CC is Adobe’s flagship desktop media browser and powerful digital asset manager that allows you to efficiently locate, organize, browse, preview, and batch process your content files – including most image, vector, audio and video files. You can view (in fullscreen) and manage Photoshop PSD, Camera RAW,
Illustrator AI, InDesign INDD, Acrobat PDF, Flash SWF/FLV, and many other types of files and documents, all without paid programs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timclarkih For This Useful Post:
benpanesar (30th January 2017), Graham_of_Rainham (26th January 2017)
The Following User Liked This Post:
Graham_of_Rainham (26th January 2017)