Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 10th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DSLR User Review

There's an 8 page review of the E3 in this months Dslr User mag.

Verdict is that "it's a serious contender for your cash and shouldn't be overlooked by Canon and Nikon badge snobs". Also says "will be looked back on with the fondness of old OMs of yester-year...really!"

Wish I could afford one!
Old 10th January 2008

Liked 903 Times in 292 Posts
Re: DSLR User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_VN52 View Post
There's an 8 page review of the E3 in this months Dslr User mag.

Verdict is that "it's a serious contender for your cash and shouldn't be overlooked by Canon and Nikon badge snobs". Also says "will be looked back on with the fondness of old OMs of yester-year...really!"

Wish I could afford one!
It's pleasing to note how all reviews of the camera have been quite positive. Tongue in cheek of course.

Thanks for that.

Regards. Barr1e
Old 14th January 2008
dennisg

I have also read in Shutterbug, that the E-3 is a very desirable DSLR. The review although detailed, did not give any scientific data points to see what the actual dynamic range is and other important facts needed to make an objective comparison to other makes amd models. Nevertheless, it is good to see that Olympus woke up and introduced a camera that has a lot of features not found on current models of the Olympus line.

In another note, I have downloaded a free RAW conversion program. Its name is RAW Therapee. It can be downloaded at www.RAWtherapee.com. Version 2.2 is now available. The software is user freindly, although I need to get familar with it.

From my earlier posting on the dynamic range for an Olympus E500, I took the suggestions to shoot in the RAW format and then process accordingly. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the processing of these images utilizing RAW Therapee were very good, and the colors had a lot of pop while the dynamic range seemed to have a wider range.

So thanks to those who replied with their suggestions. Try RAW Therappee! It's free and that's a good thing!
Old 18th January 2008
ciarank

Another review for you all from the guys at Luminous Landscape..and very balanced it is too.

Ciaran
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...ympus-E3.shtml