Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds

Micro Four Thirds Discuss the newly announced Micro Four Thirds addition to the Four Thirds system family here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31st May 2019

Liked 460 Times in 120 Posts
Upgrade to weather sealed

I've been thinking about this for a while, but this week in Skye has convinced me I need a weather sealed body instead of my 10mk2, especially as 95% of what I do is landscape.

I will go second hand to maximise what I can get for the money and will have a limited budget, say 400 - 500 for a body.

The obvious choice, it seems, is a 5mk2, and although that gets me water resistant, it doesn't give me much else does it? I'm not sure I want to splash the cash without getting a little something extra too...
A 1mk2 would be ideal, as it would also give the sensor improvement and some nice functionality. But that's strong money wise even 2nd hand at the moment.
Not sure about 1mk1, but that's the same reasons against as the 5mk2 I guess.

There's also the unlikely option of selling up (body+grip + 12-40 + 75-300 + pana 35-100) and jumping ship with whatever that raises. But not sure what that would get me or what I'd fancy, Fuji perhaps, but I'd want it to be mirrorless and weather sealed.

I realise that's just a load of rambling without any actual questions! but feel free to throw in any thoughts that might help me along!