Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd April 2013

Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,030 Posts
Liked 1,234 Times in 804 Posts
Wee Man revisited! First day out. (THANKS ALL)

Home for a few days, today was the first day I ventured out, only went about one hundred yards and that totally wore me out!
I got home from the hospital with lots of do nots and this time I will stick to them. The cause of the bleeding is still not known and it may start again so head up, no lifting, bending down and plenty of rest.
My haemoglobin is down from 16 to 8.6 and I have been put on an iron rich diet to try to get it back up.
I have never seen so much blood and the fact that I bled at some time each day for five days explains the tiredness and heart problems.
One thing still is with me and that is when I was out of it I remember people talking but could not respond then some kind person stuck a needle in my foot to get blood into me and I grunted and a voice said " at least he is still with us" when I did come round I had drips in both feet and both my arms.

One thing was lovely and that was in the middle of all this my daughter got my phone to me and logged on to this site for me.
After a message to John (thanks again pal) I was amazed at the contacts and good wishes from people who have never met me but share an interest in Olympus kit. That gave me such a lift and when I was down and bleeding I knew there were people out there who cared. A big thanks to you all and to those who sent shots into the thread started by ChevvyF1 nice shots in there but sorry I cannot smell the eucalyptus oil

Have not used a camera yet may try in the garden in the next few days or even a coffee shot? but I still find it hard to believe I am so drained.

I will finish with a big thank you to all my friends out there and thank you for showing you care it helped keep me going. All your messages did mean a lot will go now because if I start crying the tears may start my nose again!

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wee man For This Useful Post:
Chevvyf1 (22nd April 2013), Invicta (22nd April 2013), Melaka (22nd April 2013), rutwij (22nd April 2013), StephenL (23rd April 2013)