Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 29th May 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Massive clearout, including two kits -

Chaps,

I have decided to sell the vast majority of my kit, retaining just my 14-54 and 70-300mm. I'm going to have a play with the Canon 7D while I wait to see what the new E-? replacement for the E-3 is like.

All the kit has been in use up until last week, with examples being posted here and on Flickr often. So its a genuine sale.

This has been a great forum for friendly and helpful advice and I hope to keep in touch, though to a lesser extent.

Before placing on eBay next Tuesday, I wanted to offer the kit here. I would prefer paypal, or you are welcome to come inspect and pay cash. I'm sure you won't be dissappointed. I am not at work next week so callers welcome, though I would like to have sold everything by next week end if possible.

I have tried to be fair with the prices and have put the New prices in brackets for your information. Note the last two items I am going to make them up as kits. All lenses have had UV filters on since new, but I have removed them for my new kit - sorry to sound mean, but these are costly items to replace in one big sale.

Images are here

Olympus E-3 Body 450.00 (Priceless )
Includes strap, charger, battery and hand strap. Good condition. 17700 approx actuations. Small almost invisible mark on LCD. No box.
HLD-4 Grip 80.00 (Wasn't able to find a price on line so I think this is fair OR 60 when bought with the E-3)
Excellent and fully working. No box.
EC-14 Tele-converter 270.00 (359)
Excellent and fully working. No box
ZD 50-200mm Lens 400.00 (?)
Small mark inside lens but fully working with no optical problems. Very good condition otherwise. Pouch, hood caps and boxed.
ZD 70-300mm Lens 200.00 (349)
Used twice, both time at Olympus meets by my son Matthew; Excellent condition, boxed with hood and caps.
ZD 9-18mm Lens 350.00 (469)
Excellent condition, boxed with hood and caps.
Olympus E-520 Body 250.00 (369 Body Only)(Including Olympus ZD 17.5-45mm Lens)
Very good condition. Includes strap, charger and battery. Some dust on focusing screen but this is not in the image path so only annoying. Approx. 6400 actuations
Olympus E- 620 Body 500.00 (631.97 for a twin kit) (Including Including Olympus ZD 17.5-45mm Lens and Olympus ZD 40-150mm Lens)
Immaculate condition, boxed with Charger, strap, battery. Approx 5800 Actuations. Lenses may not be boxed but will be well wrapped.

Please use PM for business!

Kind regards

Graydon

All - I'm sorry but I would like to only post/deal within the UK.

Last edited by Jonesgj; 29th May 2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 29th May 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Massive clearout, including two kits -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesgj View Post
I'm going to have a play with the Canon 7D
You trator............I guess someone else will be running the end of year photo competetion now then
Old 29th May 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Enough already! It was a difficult descision, but I am a bit of a techy freak. The worst thing is finding an equally friendly online mob like you lot!

End of year Comp? I still have photos taken this year with my E-3! and have retained an E-420, ZD14-54 and 70-300mm.

Graydon
Old 29th May 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Enough already! It was a difficult descision, but I am a bit of a techy freak. The worst thing is finding an equally friendly online mob like you lot!

End of year Comp? I still have photos taken this year with my E-3! and have retained an E-420, ZD14-54 and 70-300mm.

Graydon
In all seriousness.....................good luck to you Graydon
Old 29th May 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks James,

I justed wanted to try it... only trouble is my good lady was only willing to sign-off the requestion if I funded it from existing kit. Dashed unfair, but must keep her happy.

If the E-x had arrived it may have satisfied my need for a change without a complete shift.

Graydon
Old 29th May 2010
Administrator

Thanked 3,163 Times in 2,471 Posts
Liked 4,471 Times in 2,124 Posts

Yes, good luck Graydon, it's always a blow when we lose someone like you but it sounds like you're not severing all ties. Maybe report back to us how you get on with the Canon?

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 29th May 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
Yes, good luck Graydon, it's always a blow when we lose someone like you but it sounds like you're not severing all ties. Maybe report back to us how you get on with the Canon?
Will do John and thanks.
Old 29th May 2010

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:

Graydon
As we are working hard to sabotage Graydons sale and keep him fully in the Olympus camp, where of course he will happier, wealthier and an all round better man, the weather will be nicer too

Can I just comment that this sale represents the prime Olympus problem, a signifigant amount of the DSLR sales are model churn, the same as for any other techie product. Companies that bring out more frequent model changes sell more cameras overall, though their proportion on the actual active used cameras may well be far smaller than the sales figures.

Olympus, who seem only to bring out new cameras when they have signifigantly better products to sell than the existing line-up, lose out on these 'churn' sales.

It's a very distorting feature of the current market place.

Nick

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
www.temple-fry.co.uk
Old 29th May 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks Nick!

All, Just want to clear up some confusion. The price in brackets was an online price at either Park Cameras or Warehouse express in avaialble; not the cheapest places but very reliable - the people I use.

So in the advert for my E-620 I am selling, it, the body, plus two lenses (17.5mm and 40-150mm) for 500. The 631 in brackets is the online price for the twin lens kit. Obviously my kit is second hand.

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

Graydon
Old 29th May 2010

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Hope you remain in the fold, Graydon, if only part time. Mind you, if you do as John (Zuiko) says and report back on the Canon very favourably, there may be some other movers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
Good luck.

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
GEORGE ORWELL
Old 29th May 2010
mike_j

Quote:

Graydon
Well you will have to come to DP Now with Bear, me and a couple of other ex Olympus users. Bear has sunk even lower than you and gone to Nikon but people still talk to him.

Mike
Old 29th May 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_j View Post
Well you will have to come to DP Now with Bear, me and a couple of other ex Olympus users. Bear has sunk even lower than you and gone to Nikon but people still talk to him.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Yes I saw Bear move to Nikon and I was considering a similar venture, but was taken with the Canon 7D. Yes I have moved over to the darkside!

DP? Digital Photo Forums?

I'll go look for it.
Old 29th May 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
As we are working hard to sabotage Graydons sale and keep him fully in the Olympus camp, where of course he will happier, wealthier and an all round better man, the weather will be nicer too

Can I just comment that this sale represents the prime Olympus problem, a signifigant amount of the DSLR sales are model churn, the same as for any other techie product. Companies that bring out more frequent model changes sell more cameras overall, though their proportion on the actual active used cameras may well be far smaller than the sales figures.

Olympus, who seem only to bring out new cameras when they have signifigantly better products to sell than the existing line-up, lose out on these 'churn' sales.

It's a very distorting feature of the current market place.

Nick
You'd think Olympus would learn from this. By now they could quite easily have updated the E-3 with the latest sensor, processor and AA filter which would have been enough to keep many of the faithfull happy and boosted sales into the bargain, without the need for any expensive body re-design or development of technoloy that they don't already have. If they need a new marketing manager who actually understands users and consumers, I'm available!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 29th May 2010
Administrator

But Now - back to Graydon's sale. Looks like bargains to be had folks!

Old 29th May 2010

Liked 1,010 Times in 300 Posts

You want to be careful or Matthew will want one as well now your selling his E520.

Good luck in the future and keep in touch.

Ps and I was relying on you to organise another great day out in the East of England with another "blow out breakfast"

PPs Don't know how you will manage without an articulating LCD.

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr