Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 1st September 2013

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
3 of YOUR Best Events and Why ?

Ok thought of this, while cleaning the kitchen this morning ...

Three of Your Best Events and Why ?

So we can all show off our Best three and tell others Why ? and so we all get to know what we each like the best and what we are capable of ? ... and what makes us tick ?

I am off to dig out mine

Where are Yours ?

1. "Double Delight" Rose has presented a challenge to me for THREE years I have enjoyed her coming into bloom each year in my neighbors garden, whizzing around at various times of day/illumination and with a range of camera settings and variety of lenses with careful pruning and re blooms I have had over a month of challenge time each year

NIK in Corel X4 Paint Shop Pro has even facilitated me creating this

Here this year, is the "Vanilla Ice Cream Centre" - not quite a best image but

and this again 2013 well it looks the Mutts Nutts in A3 or raw on my screen

LURVE Oly E-5 and reds

2011 processed indoors - in a hope of getting definition

and 2010 I let them all "go" in the WPB

2. Weddings - I hate doing them ...

This couple are one of our 6 neighbours and have been "an item" for over 10 years. He is poorly. We were waiting at the bus stop - going into Winchester for lunch when she arrived, en route home from Tesco express ... saying "oooh I may need to borrow your coat tomorrow ..." I asked WHY ? and she let out that they were getting married tomorrow New Years Eve ... Nick and I asked who is doing photos ... to which the reply was ... we decided against as it was so very expensive being a BH ... so we asked if we could ?

Next Day we arrived at 11.40 am giving us 20 mins to chat with the Vicar and ask of protocols and find best locations ... and plan a set of images ...

It was a small do "we can't invite you to the reception as we are only having a quiet Tea for 10 family ..." no probs! we shall be making up an album for you ... we thought However, lots of their friends turned up and almost filled the church - which was so nice, better than only 12 singing voices

I did ask if we could all return inside, to take this image - as Church, their Vicar & the lady Curate and the Brides children are the most important people in their lives

Everyone commented that the Groom looked so "very well" on the day ... well thanks to Corel makeover and light tan ... and the use of a Gary Fong Flash Lightsphere

at 5pm Nick and I delivered a CD of photos ; an white handmade paper A4 album with 10 A4 prints in it (Nick had put only 3 of his photos in it and we undid the screws and removed those pages ... as Stationers shops were closed !
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 1st September 2013

Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,436 Posts
Liked 1,426 Times in 909 Posts
Re: 3 of YOUR Best Events and Why ?

Chevvy,
(1) Roses and (2) Weddings. What's your third event?

I like that last one inside the church, good thinking to go back inside to grab an opportunity. You have some photogenic neighbours/friends.
Old 6th September 2013

Liked 61 Times in 34 Posts
Re: 3 of YOUR Best Events and Why ?

It's taken me days to get these together. I picked a photo from each of 3 real good holidays.

1. The Wanganui river in Dec 2010. We'd spent Christmas with my son and daughter in Taupo, then my husband and I made our way back to Wellington via the 'scenic route'.

2. A holiday in the South Island in 2011; we crossed Arthur's pass to the West Coast, and this is on the foothills of the southern alps. The rocks are dramatic and oh so photogenic. Not the best time of day for photos, however.

2. A cruise to Vanuatu and New Caledonia for our 10th wedding anniversary; this is the Rhapsody of the Seas anchored off Lifou, ferrying passengers to and from the island. The cruise was a wonderful 10 days