Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Announcements

Announcements E-System news releases.

Old 27th July 2013

Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Re: Olympus event - Giffords Circus, Frampton-upon-Severn on Friday 2nd August 2013

and another one who had nice surprise when they got home. Looking forward to meeting other forum members and fighting over equipment.

Gary
Old 27th July 2013
Administrator

Thanked 3,164 Times in 2,472 Posts
Liked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
Re: Olympus event - Giffords Circus, Frampton-upon-Severn on Friday 2nd August 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza95 View Post
and another one who had nice surprise when they got home. Looking forward to meeting other forum members and fighting over equipment.

Gary
Nah, I've heard that there will be enough 75mm f1.8 lenses for one each and we can take them home afterwards!

Looking forward to meeting you, Gary. Will you be joining us for coffee at "The Stables" before the event?

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 28th July 2013

Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts

John, yes I plan to The Stables head first and meet folks.

Gary
Old 28th July 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza95 View Post
John, yes I plan to The Stables head first and meet folks.

Gary
Great.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 31st July 2013

Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts

For those that might need camera purchases etc , Clifton Cameras is literally just up the road

http://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/
Old 31st July 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglos View Post
For those that might need camera purchases etc , Clifton Cameras is literally just up the road

http://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/
Noooooooooooo!!

I did not need to know that! I shall throw my credit cards in the canal the minute I arrive!

Old 1st August 2013

Liked 39 Times in 26 Posts

Throw them in my direction....I will keep them safe for you !
Old 1st August 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Throw them in my direction....I will keep them safe for you !
You've just given me an idea, Anne! I could max my cards on new lenses then tell my wife the cards were stolen.......

Old 1st August 2013

That sounds good to me....I'm sure she will have no trouble believing you as you will be with 99 other potential Olympus lens buyers! Just order one for me please

I'm very good at hiding new stuff....I could always give you tips!
Old 1st August 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
That sounds good to me....I'm sure she will have no trouble believing you as you will be with 99 other potential Olympus lens buyers! Just order one for me please

I'm very good at hiding new stuff....I could always give you tips!
Unfortunately Debbie is very good at finding stuff and I'm the world's worst (as in useless) liar!

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else tomorrow, Anne.

Old 1st August 2013

Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Liked 797 Times in 466 Posts

Hi John.

I hope you and the rest of the group members have a great day tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing some very different shots, I don't recall seeing any Circus shots on here before.

I don't envy you for the early start and the trip round the M25, hope the weather is kind.

Regards.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
Old 1st August 2013

Liked 156 Times in 78 Posts

Looking forward to it. See you all tomorrow 10.30 at the Stables. At least we get a relative lie-in compared to most of you!

Giffords looks fantastic, don't know why I haven't come across them before...

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr
Old 1st August 2013

Liked 63 Times in 31 Posts

Yes I am also looking forward to the day. I am staying at minchinghampton common so I get a lie in and breakfast cooked for me See you all tomorrow.
Old 2nd August 2013

Well I don't know about everyone else but i had a fantastic time today. i think Olympus put on a great event, one that was unusual but really enjoyable, so all credit to them and Gifford's Circus.

Before going up I decided the prize of a camera should have my name on it
During the afternoon I began to have doubts
On looking at my photos tonight I knew for sure it didn't ....I'm not sure my motion (read blurred) photos were quite what they had in mind!

Personally I didn't think taking photos at a circus would be quite so hard, at least to get reasonable results. Even though I Googled taking photos at a circus beforehand, most of it went out of the window today and I think I will be deleting about 90% of them That said, it really was great fun and i learnt lots. I do like Damian McG, he is very funny and although he pretends to be full of himself, he isn't arrogant and he genuinely wants to impart his knowledge. If I have any feedback from today, it would be that it would have been useful to have a few minutes beforehand to go over camera settings that would help to get the most out of the day. That said, I will learn from the experience and try something different next time...mostly to move around a lot more!

I'm definitely going to go on another Olympus photo day though. Oh and one of the team kind of talked me out of the 9-18mm in favour of the 12mm! That really wasn't what I wanted to hear Now i am confused......
Old 2nd August 2013

Thanked 1,419 Times in 1,310 Posts
Liked 2,348 Times in 1,118 Posts

I'll second that I had a brilliant day out too. Great venue excellent company and very talented performers, shame about my photos. As a lesson in how to forget all the photographic principles in one go then it worked. I think I've managed to tick all the no-no boxes with these shots...oof, shaky blurred , cut off heads feet and other bits
I think my editing skills will need to improve a lot to get three shots to enter in the competition. Anyway who cares it was a great experience and I did manage to confirm I need a new camera. And have some real proof now too for the management, clear clean iso 5000 shots Shirley that's just not fair It was lovely to put names and faces to some of the friends I've made on here, hope everyone got back OK. I got snarled up in the M5 traffic myself but I'm sure that's nothing to the horrors that awaited those of you who had to use the M25. Sounded pretty awful from what I heard on the radio. I really felt for you John after hearing of your 5 hour trip on the way there. So back to sorting through the shots. Maybe I'll post a few later we did say we needed a fuzzy abstract thread didn't we