Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 11th April 2008
veggiesosage

Lenses and stuff for sale

I've decided that I'm gonna jump ship over to Pentax fit land so there's a pile of lenses and occasional odd and end for sale. The list is as follows;

Olympus ZD 11-22mm 450
Oly ZD 40-150mm (old, slightly faster larger one) 110
Oly ZD 35mm macro 100
Sigma 135-400mm APO (4/3 fit obv) 350
Oly fl-36 flash + Stofen diffuser + flcb05 cable 150
Olympus P-S100 dye sub photo printer 50

All the lenses are in pretty much as new condition and none have had even remotely heavy use. The Sigma is less than a year old and has had very light use. The lenses all have hoods (except the 35mm), manuals and all original packaging, except perhaps the odd plastic bag gone missing somewhere. The 11-22mm and fl-36 flash both have soft tie up cases and the Sigma has a rather substantial padded zip up case with strap. The photo printer is unused, I've had it out of its box once and got the manual out of its packet but thats it.

I may also be offering an E500 SE kit (thats the one with the cheaper 17.5-45mm lens) with added charger and two original Oly rechargable batteries. (SE kits don't normally come with these, just a plastic battery holder and any brand new ones you see will be thus equipped). I'm toying with keeping it as a back up but if anyone wants to make me an offer...

Right, think thats it, get in touch via pm if you're interested.

Note; above doesn't include postage, I thought I'd work it out as and when cos some may want special delivery, you might want more than one of the items etc.
Old 12th April 2008
Administrator

Liked 507 Times in 281 Posts
Re: Lenses and stuff for sale

That's a big decision based on the level of kit you have for sale.

As an Ex happy Pentax film camera user who's switched I would be interested in the reasons for this decision as I still have a lot of old film kit. As we're not a troll den I hope that your thinking will help me decide what to do with that kit

I previously explained my reasons for coming this way in a thread that I started a while ago

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=431

Regards
Andy
FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
http://www.shenstone.me.uk
http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
https://vimeo.com/shenstone
http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/
Old 12th April 2008
veggiesosage

Its certainly not based on any disillusion with Olympus I can tell you, nor is it really an image quality question particularly.

Its simply that I won a Samsung GX-10 a couple of months back and when all is said and done it is a more advanced body than the E500 which is hardly a surprise really seeing as it was always a price point above and a couple of years more recent. It is better at high ISO noise but nothing like the huge gulf that an awful lot of reviews will have you believe.

Fact is I'm not using the Sigma in particular anything like as much as I thought I would so that would prob be for the chop anyway. I considered a number of other options including selling everything and getting an E3 but it seemed an awful lot of work and I'd probably only just scrape together enough to get the body and the 14-54. I wouldn't anticipate making much from selling the GX-10.

So I decided that selling the lenses I'd got and buying fewer, higher quality faster lenses for the Samsung was prob the best way to go taking everything into account. If I actually had any money to top up my sale proceeds the E3 option would have prob got more consideration but I'm brassic atm. And sometimes a change is good for the soul, I can always come back.

If you like let us know what Pentax fit lenses you've got and we might be able to come to a deal.

I will miss my 11-22mm though
Old 13th April 2008
veggiesosage

The Sigma is SOLD everybody
Old 13th April 2008

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiesosage View Post
I won a Samsung GX-10 a couple of months back
Congratulations. My brother and a friend have both got the Pentax K10 it's a nice camera. I had a borrow of one for a day.
Old 16th April 2008
veggiesosage

The 35mm macro is now also sold. Still have the flash and accessories, 40-150mm, 11-22mm, dye sub printer and the E500 + batteries up for offer. Forgot to mention that will include the IR remote with this.
Old 22nd April 2008
veggiesosage

Current status at veggieshop (TM)

Olympus ZD 11-22mm 430
Oly ZD 40-150mm (old, slightly faster larger one) 100
Oly ZD 35mm macro SOLD
Sigma 135-400mm APO (4/3 fit obv) SOLD
Oly fl-36 flash + Stofen diffuser + flcb05 cable SOLD
Olympus P-S100 dye sub photo printer 30

Note price reductions on remaining items...
Old 1st May 2008
veggiesosage

Come on everybody, someone must want to buy my lovely shiny things, it may be worth you putting in offers, as long as they aren't silly.
Old 2nd May 2008

Liked 325 Times in 134 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Melaka

It may be your prices are too high. You'd be lucky to get much more than 80 for the 40-150mm on eBay, for example. I thought I'd done well to sell mine at 82.
Old 6th May 2008
veggiesosage

I've now stuck the 11-22mm on ebay with reserve price of 350, might follow with the rest of the stuff, see how it goes.
Old 18th May 2008
veggiesosage

Just to say deadline for ebay sale of my 11-22mm is about 11am ish tomorrow morning, reserve price of 340. Bargain I reckon

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE:IT&ih=011
Old 22nd May 2008
veggiesosage

Have relisted this again here.

Silly starting price to attract attention but there is a reserve of 280. I reckon its worth loads more but hey ho. Go bid and be happy