Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II The second Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th June 2017

Liked 3,079 Times in 881 Posts
Re: £200 Trade in bonus

I had a look at the Wex site today and they have got nine used E-M1 Mk I bodies for sale. I wonder how many of these are the result of the £200 trade in bonus? They have just reduced the price of some of them by £20-£80, presumably to get more consistency in the prices. I was surprised to see that they have rated mine as grade 8, as I thought it was in excellent condition. However, they spent over an hour inspecting it and noted down every tiny bit of missing paint and wear to the finish.

I think the trade in bonus is a good way to upgrade to the Mk II as the total allowance of the trade in price and £200 bonus was probably more than I could have realised by selling my camera privately. Also by selling to Wex I know that they are not going to come back to me if they encounter any problems in the future.

Ron