Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-1

Olympus E-1 E-1 specific discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th March 2009

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Olympus E-1 - WOW!

I am in the hobby of photography for over 40 years by now. Along the years there were some camera that I felt attached to - both from technical quality point of view and both from quality of images.
Some years ago I made the switch to the digital world starting with point and shoot, then came the Canon G5 and about half a year ago I bought the E-520 plus 2 kit lenses. Later on I bought the 14-54mm lens and I am very pleased.
Some years back, when the E-1 came out to market I've told one of my friends that "that's it - this is a milestone in photography" - but who could afford it at that time?
Well, I did not give up. Some days ago I bought a second hand E-1 in Ebay.
This weekend I've started to use it.
WWWOOOWWW! - what a GREAT cmaera!
The body is built like a tank! It feels so right in your hands.
And then I went to friends birthday and a walk in the near by forest. I took both Jpegs and RAW. I am using Photoshop Elements 6 and ACR - the results are so much different from anything else, even from the E-520. The images are with fantastic colors and a unique "touch" - they almost look like painting - remineds me of best quality "good old days" prints from negative films.
I am still in a learning process - nainly RAW development.
All in all I am so happy!
It would be nice to have your comments and to hear from your experience about the best software for the E-1 Raw files.