Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Wide angle

Wide angle Lenses with focal lengths shorter than 14mm.

Old 3rd December 2016

Liked 65 Times in 52 Posts
Re: PanLeica 15mm f1.7 with Pen-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoh View Post
The source code is proprietary, so one would need to reverse engineer to get a solution. At 10 a fix, what incentive is there???
Probably not much. But I know of a site (as I am sure you all do) called DIY Photography (net) which supposedly provides very effective third party hacks for digital cameras. At present they seem to work mainly with Canon and Nikon but there have been some "disgruntled requests" from Olympus and Fujifim owners.
Old 3rd December 2016

Liked 1,919 Times in 1,143 Posts

And would you risk it? I'm out as Duncan Bannatyne might say.

on flickr
Old 3rd December 2016

Liked 65 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoh View Post
And would you risk it?
Frankly, I don't know. I have to confess that I am tempted. During my brief ownership of the Samyang Fisheye lens, I got a lot of pleasure using the aperture ring but I did not see much use for the lens and so sold it on (here).

It may not be the same thing but I used the Caribbean based (owned by Italians, I think) "Any DVD" software for over 10 years on 3 different Windows systems without any problems on my desktop before allowing the subscription to lapse. They even provided regular free updates several times a year.

This DIY Photography site appears well set-up but I know appearances can be deceptive. I guess I am going to do some more asking around before making a decision.