Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > General photography discussion

General photography discussion Please look for a specific board to start your thread but if you can't find an appropriate one, post it here.

Old 18th December 2017

Liked 1,260 Times in 721 Posts
Re: WWT Welney "photographers hide"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyG View Post
I'll have both type of boots with me tomorrow Mark.

I find the Muck Boots fit very well, a friend of mine has a pair and he walks for miles in his.

Dave
Having seen yours and Anita's at Welney, I ordered a pair of Tall Arctic Muck Boots in black at the end of last week, and they arrived very promptly today courtesy of Amazon prime.

I normally take size 8.5 shoes and 9.5 hiking boots (I wear 2 pairs of socks for hiking, and have a wide forefoot), and I went for UK size 9 Muck Boots.

They're a reasonably wide fitting as we surmised last week, and with a bit of fiddling with shoe inserts and volume reducers I've got a really comfortable fit with one pair of thick hiking socks. They're slightly loose around the heel, but that won't be an issue since I'm unlikely to be walking more than a few miles in them.

I just need some more snow now to try them out properly...

Many thanks for the advice, Dave.

------------------------------
http://www.microcontrast.com
Too much Oly gear.
Panasonic 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.
The Following User Liked This Post:
DavyG (22nd December 2017)
Old 22nd December 2017

Liked 1,453 Times in 324 Posts
Re: WWT Welney "photographers hide"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
Having seen yours and Anita's at Welney, I ordered a pair of Tall Arctic Muck Boots in black at the end of last week, and they arrived very promptly today courtesy of Amazon prime.

I normally take size 8.5 shoes and 9.5 hiking boots (I wear 2 pairs of socks for hiking, and have a wide forefoot), and I went for UK size 9 Muck Boots.

They're a reasonably wide fitting as we surmised last week, and with a bit of fiddling with shoe inserts and volume reducers I've got a really comfortable fit with one pair of thick hiking socks. They're slightly loose around the heel, but that won't be an issue since I'm unlikely to be walking more than a few miles in them.

I just need some more snow now to try them out properly...

Many thanks for the advice, Dave.
Good to hear that you're pleased with the boots Mark, ours were an absolute bonus when we were stood for hours in the Cairngorms earlier this year.

I'm sure we'll be using them again when we're up there again next year.

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your post until now.

Dave