Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 28th November 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My first shot with E3

Got mine this morning and managed to get a few shots in before work. This is my grandson Nathan complete with breakfast remnants around his mouth. E3 + 14-54 + FL50 with Stofen diffuser.

Mike

Old 29th November 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: My first shot with E3

I got my E3 yesterday and went for a wee walk with it today. It wasn't the best conditions for photography, hazy with occasional snow showers. These are out of camera jpegs with just a tweak to the levels. The picture of the orange was taken with the 50mm macro and STF-22 twin flash the other 2 were with the 12-60mm. I have to say I'm having a great time playing with my new toy.

Ian C.
Old 29th November 2007

Liked 542 Times in 380 Posts
Re: My first shot with E3

What settings have you put into the camera - for the E1, Olympus suggested settings for contrast of +1 and sharpness of +2 etc for optimum JPEG for direct printing.

How satisfied are you with the exposure of the orange - this is not implying criticism in any way

Thanks for any comments
Old 29th November 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: My first shot with E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekW View Post
What settings have you put into the camera - for the E1, Olympus suggested settings for contrast of +1 and sharpness of +2 etc for optimum JPEG for direct printing.

How satisfied are you with the exposure of the orange - this is not implying criticism in any way

Thanks for any comments
Hi Derek,

Every thing was set on 0 with the exception of sharpness -1, picture mode was natural, ISO 100, noise reduction off. The settings are the ones I've been using on my E1 taking just RAW. At the moment I'm taking RAW and JPEG, when I get a grip on things I'll switch to just RAW. My reasoning for taking both at the moment is I take a lot more than I ever process from RAW and I want to be able to process most shots on the camera settings. It is easy to have a look at the JPEGs of pictures that I don't want to process from RAW.

The exposure of the orange IMHO is just about spot on but it could do with a touch more contrast and I do mean just a touch. It's a clementine so the colour is not that intense. All in all I'm happy with what I've got from the E3 so far. I look on this as a learning process and it will take me a few weeks to get every thing set up as I want it.

Ian C.
Old 29th November 2007

Liked 542 Times in 380 Posts
Re: My first shot with E3

IanC

Thanks and good luck with your research