Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > General accessories

General accessories Batteries, eye cups, power grips, straps, eyepiece magnifiers, cables, remotes and much more.

Old 6th March 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BLS-1 Battery E-400 E-410 E-420 Information views comments

I just thought I would start a thread on the BLS-1 battery as I have mentioned it in the thread on this forum regarding the Delkin Dual battery charger.

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?p=10247

Information about the battery can be found from the Olympus site

http://support.olympus.co.jp/jp/supp...e/man_bls1.pdf

It would also be interesting to read any comments about this battery such as experience other manufacturers BLS-1 batteries. There are a lot for sale on Ebay for example.

Cheers

Chris
Old 6th March 2008
Hiding_Pup

Re: BLS-1 Battery E-400 E-410 E-420 Information views comments

I bought unbranded batteries off eBay for about 5 a piece. It's something I've done with a lot of camera batteries. Every time I buy, I always wonder whether they'll be any good/hold their charge etc. but it's a risk you take for the money you save. Besides, I can't imagine three or four of them not lasting as long as a single official battery. As luck would have it, I've never had any problems with any unbranded camera batteries.

Prohibitively expensive batteries seem to be a characteristic of consumer lie exclusively only to the west. In Hong Kong, for example, no-one expects a battery for anything to cost more than 1 or so.