Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 7th November 2009
victorh

Virtually brand new Olympus gear for sale

Virtually brand new (less than 2 months old) equipment full boxed with all accessories etc:

Olympus E-3
Olympus 12-60 lens
Olympus 40-150 lens
Olympys ec-20 x2 extender
Olympus remote control

Selling as been given some gear by work which I now have to use. I'm based in the midlands in the UK. Sensible offers to mxsport@hotmail.com and buyer will need to pick up or pay for delivery. I will NOT accept paypal or anything or such system that supports fraud. Cash or bank transfer only.
Old 7th November 2009
djs

Re: Virtually brand new Olympus gear for sale

I think you'd be better off posting photos of the equipment, along with a paper saying your username.

Not being cheeky, just your a new member registered today.
Old 7th November 2009
JackBenedict

Why can't sellers just put prices to the kit they are selling. Nothing bugs me more than sellers offering goods for sale with no prices. If you want bidders then go direct to ebay.

This a forum - so let's have some openess here.

This is not the first time my comment has been echoed - so when are sellers going to wise up.
Old 7th November 2009
Chillimonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
I think you'd be better off posting photos of the equipment, along with a paper saying your username.

Not being cheeky, just your a new member registered today.
Its happening a lot recently and i, personally, don't think that it fits with the spirit of the site.

I presume after the OP has sold their gear we will not see them again as they will not be using E-system stuff
Old 7th November 2009
djs

Agree with you ^^
Old 7th November 2009
Chillimonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBenedict View Post
Why can't sellers just put prices to the kit they are selling. Nothing bugs me more than sellers offering goods for sale with no prices. If you want bidders then go direct to ebay.

This a forum - so let's have some openess here.

This is not the first time my comment has been echoed - so when are sellers going to wise up.
Gotta agree with this as well.

I'm also a member of TPf and AVforums, where sellers must post up a price and all trading to be done on the thread (in case of problems and for transparency), and it seems to work well.

In fact due to the itrader system at AVForums, i had no problems sending an iPhone over to a well established member and accepting payment after receipt (due to my lack of trader rating)

Maybe its time to review the for sale 'rule ans regulations' before the site gets a name for being a dumping ground where soon-to-be ex-e-group members can sign up just to get rid of their gear??
Old 7th November 2009
Chillimonster

There was another one last week, i forget the thread, but it was in the same vein, and has not posted since
Old 7th November 2009
victorh

Lets clear a few bits & pieces up - yes, I'm new to the forum as it was recommended to sell olympus stuff on. No, I'm not likely to post other stuff as I don't have time - before someone condems this I work long hours that's all - and the reason why I'm selling is my company has given me an e-30 to use along with a 12-60 and other Olympus gear hence why I'm looking to sell mine.

As for prices, ideally I'd like to sell it as one lot, it's worth over 2K, but I would except offers around 1500 as everything is so new. For individual bits make me an offer - I don't think that is unreasonable.
Old 7th November 2009
Chillimonster

What I, and i presume the other posters are aluding to is that there an increasing number of new members who only sign up to sell stuff. The never even post in the welcome section, and once the sale is completed they dissapear from the site for good, thats all.

Chris
Old 7th November 2009
JackBenedict

As to why you are selli9ng kit does not interst me in the least. If you can now state the price you expect to receive - as a complete set or broken down into individual pieces why didn't you do it in your first post.

I have no doubt that your intention was reputable - but start to see it from others point of view.

I was extremely interested in what you had to offer - but i am afraid it begins to smell of 'caveat emptor' to me.

I for one will not be making any offer on this kit.

If other members of the forum are offended by my stance then I apologise to them unreservedly.

'Best offers' will result in no offers from me.
Old 7th November 2009

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts

In fairness I suspect this is someone I derected here earlier tonight from another forum where he asked where to sell Oly gear in the UK....so that much is from me

However, there are clear 'rules' here and I understood that involved both images and prices - there has been an increasing number of people (new and old) asking for offers recently and I agree with those here, and before, who consider this an abuse of the facilities. I say this as someone who has never made an offer on any gear for sale here either - I either meet the asking price or say quiet hoping the price might drop!
Old 7th November 2009
victorh

Good evening,

Since I've stated a bundle price in a reply I do not understand the tone of a lot of replies. I came here to sell some genuine equipment that people can view for themselves/try out etc when they buy.

I did not post a photo since this is an olympus forum and sort of guessed most people would know the equipment.

Anyway, I don't want to get into some sort of stupid slanging match as really life is far too short. Thanks to the person the recommended the site to me, there sincerity is appreciated. Obviously I'll have to sell the gear to a dealer.

Unlike others, I wish you all well and I hope you all enjoy your gear.
Old 7th November 2009

Liked 260 Times in 121 Posts

PM sent!

Tim
Old 7th November 2009

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Hey guys was that really needed?

Wouldn't a please post an asking price have been better

Most of us like this site because its friendly!

Dave
Old 8th November 2009
johnw

Hi
Have tried to send a private message, not sure if the system worked as I am new on this forum. I have also sent an email to you Hotmail account.

John Wright

Tags
12-60, 40-50, e-3, extender