Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 5th January 2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sigma 50-500 'Bigma'

After a couple of years of non-use, I've decided to sell my Bigma. They appear to be fairly sought after, so I figured it would be nice to send it to a good home!

Purchased August 2008. It's done three summers wildlife shooting, generally from hides, I used the ZD 70-300 for the rough stuff!

I had a year off, where I just didn't do much photography at all, and then moved over to Canon. She's been sat in my gear cupboard for a couple of years, next to my open container full of silica bags.

The front and rear elements are lovely, and the body is pretty tidy apart from the usual tripod mount wear on the base, and slightly worn paint on the lock switch. The hood also has a little wear on the underside (2mmx10mm, slight mark)

There's a little of the usual dust inside the front element, which seems to be normal for these lenses. It doesn't have any negative effect on the images.

I also have the box and original soft case, which is spotless.

In terms of price, I'd be happy to take £450-500. I'm not using it and feel a little guilty keeping hold of this bit of unobtanium, when it could go to a nice new home, where it'll be allowed out!

Some cash towards a future 5D Mk.III purchase is all I'm after.

A pick-up is definitely preferable. Not only is it a delicate item, that I'd much rather was transferred from hand to hand.....it's also bloody heavy!

Also for sale is a Sigma 30mm 1.4, which I'm open to offers on. Probably around the £220-260 region.
Old 5th January 2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Sigma 50-500 'Bigma'

I'll have it! PM me please. (I'm not sure how to do that!)
Old 5th January 2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll send you a message

You're OK for picking it up? South Wales is a few hours!

If I had six posts, I'd post the images. I'll see if I can slot them into a PM for you
Old 5th January 2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Extra message, so I can send a PM.

Please ignore!
Old 5th January 2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Where are you ? I can arrange a courier to make the pickup (insured of course)
And how do you want paying?

Regards
Old 5th January 2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm in Rutland. 15 miles East of Peterborough, and three miles east of the A1.

Payment-wise, I guess it would have to be a cheque as I don't use paypal. Kinda draws out the whole process by a week, I know :/

I take it the photos were OK for you.....and £450's fair?

Buzz me a PM back if you're happy, so we can sort out mine & your address (as well as my works address if the courier comes on a weekday).

Barrie