Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 22nd December 2014

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Ballet - gift to edit this Christmas ?

Ho! Ho! all, I was going to post this in Lfi but the quality of the "crushed jpeg" is tooo awful - there is no detail of the blue paisley backdrop in the jpeg and it 'appears to have muddy brown splodges' all over

For those wanting EXIF it is Manual ; WB Auto (it was drastically changing by the minute and Olympus ONE was always going to be better than me at this) ; Flash Off ; 1/80 sec ; F4.8 ; ) ; 0.0 EV ; 1600 ISO ; 75-300 Lens (because it has performed so well for me, getting detail at Concerts and at great distance from the stage/singers/dancers ) ; 75 Fl ; Metering Spot ; 9 x focus points (to grab more detail in the "core" of the image

It was a most awesome "Experience". Although I wanted to up the ISO further, I was concerned about 'noise' and its post processing elimination - test shots in a semi dark corner of 'the bar' with the 40-150 BEFORE we went into the theatre, gave me too much light and overexposure.

My finest shots came from the 75

But here for all those who want a play "with Ballet" over Christmas try it

I cannot convey the difference of my 98Mb Tiff file (I have just been working on fro prints) over this jpeg. Infact, it looks as if I have taken the subjects out of the dark blue paisley'eque backdrop

I am having 10 T shirts printed of these Principal Ballerina Dancers (from the Tiff) and they are to be sold off by Cissy for the Royal Marsden Cancer Fund

Enjoy ! Merry Christmas and if you do "edits" I do hope you will share yours here
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album